JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Most disappointed...

Let me start by saying that I love JJFP! Today I put in a mix cd I made a year or so ago and started jammin to it in the car. This made me look for b-sides and stuff I had never heard. Which lead me here. I used to come to this site awhile back but there really wasn't any new news at the time so I just fell off. Back to my question at hand. I need to ask what album disappointed you the most when you first got it. For me it was Homebase. Being that my favorite album is AITC it was impossible for Homebase to ever live up to the hype I had built about that album. There was and still is to this day something I just don't really like about it. Not sure why.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta go with And In This Corner..I don't know why, but i just don't like it!! I'm gonna give it try later today...I love "I Think I Can Beat Mike Tyson" and "Who Stole My Car"! But the rest of the album just doesn't do it for me! My fav album has to be Code Red!

My biggest dissapointment would be when i heard the vibe of Born To Reign. The new sound just kinda threw me off cuz i waz hoping for some basic FP. Other than that, i waz very dissapointed with what Columbia did with Will Smith: Greatest Hits. They had a change 2 put out something unrelealsed and didn't take advantage of it.

Probably, Born To Reign. Just cos Willenium was so good, and there was over a two year wait for it. And In This Corner, has grown on me over the 5 plus years I've had it, but at the time was my least fave JJFP album.

I was really disappointed with Born to Reign. I got it in July '02 and prior to that, I only had Willenium and Big Willie Style (I was just gettin into Will Smith and JJFP) and I thought FP would have the same type of flow going with Born to Reign like the past two albums. It just left me hungry (and still does). "I Can't Stop", "Maybe", "Momma Knows", "Gotta Go Home" are weak tracks in my opinion. Half of the album grew on me though because I like "Born to Reign", "Act Like You Know", How Da Beat Goes", "Block Party" and "Give Me Tonight". I was also disappointed how Columbia just gave up on Will after the MIB2 hype was over with in August '02. "How Da Beat Goes" should've been the next single. I just don't get how it never happened. "Greatest Hits" was also a crappy colection made by Columbia just to forfill FP's contract and squeeze the last amount of possible money outta him.

and in this corner.... i bought it after code red, homebase and hes the DJ and i found it very different from them.

"Homebase" marked the maturity of JJ+FP. Their style 2 this day is very true 2 how they've always been...but musically "Homebase" marked a new JJ+FP. It waz after their fame dwindled, they had money issues, and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air helped keep them on their feet. In "Act Like You Know" FP spits "i'm a pressure player, i'ma hit it when it counts"...which is so true. Whenever it's crucial, FP always brings the heat. After "And In This Corner..." the future of JJ+FP waz undesided. "Homebase" put them back on top due 2 the musical advances they took and FP's lyrical rebirth.

• Admin

it actually was big willie style for me.. i had been listening to code red non stop for a few years leading up to it..and was so hyped..i was expecting somethin like code red and lots of will and jeff.. just all the talk abt how good will was i wasnt feelin..my fav track was twinkle twinkle! so yeah that was a big disappointment for me.. i think born to reign was wills worst album...

hey sixofthebest willennium is basically a jjfp album.. i think most jjfp fans would have liked that.. you got so fresh pump me up potnas ..traxs like the rain and im comin.. pretty solid stuff!

B2R was a really big dissapointing for me. I thought that Nod ya head would be a dope oldskool trak, and then i heard that awful guitar in the beginning, when i first listened to the short cut in the internet.

I was really shocked. I had to listen a few times to the album to feel it (a little bit).

The most amazing album is Codered and hes the DJ, I'm The Rapper.

I went crazy to the track Codered, HipHop Dancers Theme and I'm Looking For The One.

HipHop Dancers Theme sample of Peter Piper from Run DMC is really dope! Still love it, and if i could break dance i definately would!!!

JJFP Rocks The House

hey sixofthebest willennium is basically a jjfp album.. i think most jjfp fans would have liked that.. you got so fresh pump me up potnas ..traxs like the rain and im comin.. pretty solid stuff!

I liked this one more than the others but still didn't quite feel like a JJFP album to me. I will definitly go back and listen to it again.

• Admin

I liked this one more than the others but still didn't quite feel like a JJFP album to me. I will definitly go back and listen to it again.

jeff produces 9 pf the tracks scratches on about 12 of em..and the albums executive producers are dj jazzy jeff and the fresh prince.. forget will2k/freakin it and da butta..and i think you have a hip hop classic :werd: