JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Larry Elder (Uncle Tom)?

Why is Will calling Larry Elder an "Uncle Tom"? That's pretty hurtful, and Will should know better than most what it feels like. Now, I'm not calling Will an "Uncle Tom". I totally think he's not. But, I find it disappointing that he's sinking to other people's level. Will you'll classier than that!

Ok, lets say for the sake of argument Will is calling Elder an Uncle Tom... look up Larry Elder on google and read some of the things he says about people on welfare, people making minimum wage... His war on everything resembling the democratic party, his promotion of "Stolen Honor" which unfairly and biasly slams John Kerry's military career as he avoids discussing George Bush's military record, of which there is next to none. And then some of the thing's he's said about Will in the past, slamming his political beliefs, labeling him as a hollywood liberal without talent. Just for starters.

Edited by MaxFly

Uncle Tom = A black man who will do anything to stay in good standing with "the white man" including betray his own people

Hmm I don't really get it! That means Will is just like that how u explained? And if, what's wrong with that? Black people are human, too! Just like white people and other people! It doesn't matter if black, white, chinese, turkish, german, asian or whateva - there's no rule that black people only gotta be and talk with black people and white people also the same with ( other ) white people! U know what I mean? Or did I just get this all wrong? :confused3:

Edited by E - Style-Greesy - E

Just because a man that speaks his mind does not make him an Uncle Tom. It's sad that ppl like Larry Elder and ppl McGruder. Now McGruder I think that his name made comments about black actors he think are not doing anything for the black ppl. McGruder said Will was an Uncle Tom because Will hasn't star in a all black films and stuff. This is a guy who made that type of comment and also put down Will for doing Ali which the cast was mostly black. It's kind like who in hell made them the judge of whats black and whats not. I think the reason why Larry Elder or McGruder say these things is because they are jealous. They don't have the fame that Will has. It's like that guest who said "Who is Larry Elder?" :confused3: