JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Play From Kid'n Play Involved In Accident

bigted

Kid 'n Play Member Involved In Accident, Driver Shot By Police

written by B

Thursday - January 3, 2008

Play, of the seminal rap group Kid 'n Play was hospitalized in Durham, NC after his car was hit by a man attempting to evade arrest.

Chris "Play" Martin's SUV was struck by a man who was fleeing a crime scene, according to The News & Observer. The driver, Raul Riva Aldamo, 34, of Greensboro, NC, was shot by police while trying to escape and pronounced dead at the scene.

Others involved in the crash, Luis Cazanova, 26, Alonzo Castillo, 39, were charged with breaking into a house and holding three people at bay.

The incident took place on Saturday (Dec. 28) and Play was released from the hospital by Wednesday. It is not yet known what injuries, if any, the rapper sustained.

As part of Kid 'n Play, Martin scored many hits in the '80s, as well memorable big screen moments starring in the ageless hip-hop romantic comedy House Party. Kid 'n Play were also the first hip-hop figures to have a national cartoon modeled after them. Now Martin teaches a hip-hop course at NC Central University

I'm glad it sounds like he'll be alright. If anyone has a good attitude 2 thru' something like that, Play can. Kid N' Play are one of the best groups ever. It sounds like the Kid N' Play movie got scrapped...but we can alway hope for new music...Kid's new stuff is dope.

My prayers go out 2 my friends and family effected by this.