JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

BUSTA RHYMES + LIL' WAYNE NEWS

JumpinJack AJ

Here's some news i came across on AOL featuring a Hip-Hop legend who needs 2 get his stuff 2gether with the quickness and commerical rap's uglyest idiot.

------------------------------------------------------

It's Probation Time for Busta Rhymes

Posted: 2008-01-23 16:43:50

Filed Under: Star Scandals, Music News

NEW YORK (Jan. 23) - A Manhattan judge sentenced Busta Rhymes to three years' probation and 10 days of community service Wednesday for assaulting his former driver and a fan.

The 35-year-old rapper was also fined $1,250, plus court costs, for driving while intoxicated and with a suspended license.

He pleaded guilty to the charges - related to four separate incidents - in Manhattan Criminal Court. Rhymes, whose real name is Trevor Smith, must also enroll in a DWI program.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lil Wayne Busted at Border Checkpoint

By TERRY TANG, AP

Posted: 2008-01-23 17:38:36

Filed Under: Celebrities in Court, Music News

PHOENIX (Jan. 23) - Lil Wayne was arrested on three felony drug charges Wednesday after federal agents said they found illegal drugs including cocaine on his charter bus at a checkpoint in southwestern Arizona.

Federal agents arrested Lil' Wayne and two other men at a border security checkpoint in southwestern Arizona on Jan. 23 after finding several illegal drugs, including cocaine and 41 grams of Ecstacy, on the rapper's charter bus. Wayne, seen in his mugshot, is out on bail and "looking forward to his day in court," according to his lawyer.

The rapper (real name: Dwayne Michael Carter Jr.) was being held at the Yuma County Sheriff's jail on state drug charges, Capt. Eben Bratcher said.

Carter appeared via video arraignment late Wednesday morning in a court in Wellton, 35 miles east of Yuma.

James Tilson, a local lawyer retained by Carter, said his client was not formally charged and his next court date was scheduled for Jan. 25.

"We will find out by Jan. 25 whether or not the (Yuma) county attorney will file charges or not," Tilson said. "He is looking forward to his day in court. That's all I can say right now."

His bond was set at $10,185, and he was released from jail about 2 p.m. Wednesday after making bail.

The 25-year-old faces charges of possession of dangerous drugs, narcotics and drug paraphernalia.

Bratcher said Carter's bus was stopped about 11:30 p.m. Tuesday at a Border Patrol checkpoint near Dateland, Ariz., 78 miles east of Yuma.

Drug Enforcement Administration spokeswoman Ramona Sanchez said a Border Patrol canine unit alerted agents to the presence of illegal drugs on the bus. Among what a search yielded: nearly four ounces of marijuana, 41 grams of Ecstacy and just over an ounce of cocaine as well as drug paraphernalia. DEA agents then arrested Carter, who was traveling with 11 others.

Officials also found a .40-caliber pistol registered to Carter, who has a concealed weapons permit in Florida. Authorities are looking into whether he violated any weapons laws in Arizona.

Two other men were arrested with him; they each face a charge of possession of marijuana.

In October, Carter and several other rappers were named in a federal lawsuit filed by music publishing companies, accusing them of sampling other artists' songs without paying licensing fees.

Rapper Birdman and Lil Wayne won a viewers' choice award for their song "Stuntin' Like My Daddy" at Black Entertainment Television's 2007 Hip-Hop Awards.

Lil Wayne is nothing but crap. That new Wyclef Jean song "Sweetest Girl" is such a dope track but I have to turn it off once Lil Wayne gets on. Hes just pure sh!t, pure @ss.

Yeah I got Wyclef's CD and whenever Lil' Wayne verse comes in on "Sweetest Girl" I skip onto the next song, it gets annoying to see him be on so many rappers' albums, I just don't get it, he sucks