JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Tha Carter III Sets New Billboard Record!

VIsqo

Who really gives a damn how much he sold, he's garbage, he won't be around much longer to have a 20+ year career like Will, KRS, LL, Rakim, and the legends

He's allready in for 13, 15 years, releasing records. Dont forget his old group work. And I guess he'll release records for the next 5 years too. So that bet we lost.

According to Wikipedia, he's been active for 11 years, popular for considerable less. So he'd need to keep recording for the next nine years.

According to the Source, himself and Cash Money he's been active for 14 years. I guess thats a better source than Wikipedia.

According to the cash money site, he's listed as 13 years, with his debut being on True Story in 95. But that's counting him as a 12 year old spitting a couple of versus on someone elses album as "releasing records" which I think is a stretch.

he can be in the game for 100years but he'll never achieve the cred that the legends we know have. period

Edited by Luigie

Turn, lets stop defending the guy. Personally I dont like him, and I find some of his songs disgusting. The thing is that I recognize that the guy has something that calls out the people out there and make them listen to his songs and buy his albums like crazy. The guy has something. I dont like hating, and the thing i dislike the most about it, its that the guys in here that hate the most are the ones that defend FP for being dissed and hated by others..

If we want to make people stop hating on an artist, we should stop doing the same to others. To critisize is one thing.. But to be attacking and disssing and overly talking down on someone is another.

The guy Wayne, whatever he is, is doing a great job getting the masses to buy his albums, getting the radio stations to put his music on air, and getting the votes to be the most popular out there in Myspace and wherever he gets a poll. Does it make him a great rapper? NOPE. but is something to be recognized.

And whatever he decides to do, whatever he does right now, he and the others like him are the ones keeping hip hop on the billboards, while People like my main man Will, are simply putting it aside for another time to come.

i mean by cred, true respect..not just "ohh hes a hot rapper".. or sum dumb youngsters sayin "that sh*t was sick" i mean respect of thinking human beings :P

• 3 weeks later...

Rap.about.com

Tha Carter III Terminates G-Unit on Sight

Wednesday July 9, 2008

For those of you who were hoping you'd heard the last of Lil Wayne's Tha Carter III, I have some ... um, bad news. Carter III is right back on top of the Billboard 200 chart this week, despite a 25% dip in sales. C-3 moved an unprecedented 156,000 copies to bring it's release-to-date sales to 1.68 million.

G-Unit's latest album, on the other hand, debuted 3 spots behind Tha Carter. T.O.S. (Terminate on Sight) docked at No. 4 with 102,000. That doesn't sound like such a terrible flop, right? Well, compared to the group's 2003's debut, Beg For Mercy, which arrived at No. 1 with 377,000, it's an embarrassment.

I'm surprised to see that G-Unit stans who typically buy all things 50 Cent-related have chosen to jump ship this time.

________________________________________________________________________________

I thought that the G-unit cd was gonna do better on its debut, But im guess that people are finnally done with them like they should have 4 years ago.. The thing that surprises me the most is how Lil Wayne is still sellin that much with his Carter 3. I guess that when Nas new cd comes out this is gonna turn for good._

Wow...by comparison, Lil' Wayne actually creates the illusion that G-Unit would be worth listening 2. G-Unit is where Lil' Wayne will be in a year or 2. The garbage music will be quickly fading and people who really like them will be asking "what ever happened 2...?" Just ask Hurricaine Chris and Mims.