JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Notorious

Ale

Man, i don't know what 2 think about this. The picture makes it look like they could have casted actors who look more like the real people. This could have been the only acting role Gorilla Black could have gotten. I have problems when actors portraying real people don't look like or sound like the real person. There's no way they can tell the story without 2Pac...which makes me curious as 2 who is casted as him.

I wasn't a fan of Biggie back in the day. In fact, i used 2 diss him alot back then. I'll probably wait for the reviews from this board before seeing it.

I doubt Gorilla Black can act...but he can act like Biggie. From the music and videos i was exposed 2, he was just trying 2 be Biggie and did a decent job at trying 2 do so. He seemed like a gimmick just like The Realest was trying 2 sound and write like 2Pac. I have zero respect for someone like that becuz that isn't being and artist at all....but Gorilla Black definitely had Biggie down.

"Notorious" Posters

notozq6.jpg

"Notorious" is about the life of rapper Christopher Wallace aka The Notorious BIG. In just a few short years, The Notorious BIG rose from the streets of Brooklyn to become one of the most influential hip hop artists of all time. BIG was a gifted storyteller; his narratives about violent life on the streets were told with a gritty, objective realism that won him enormous respect and credibility. His stories were universal and gave a voice to his generation.

The film stars multiple award winner Angela Bassett as Christopher's mother Voletta Wallace, Derek Luke as Sean Combs, Anthony Mackie as Tupac Shakur and introducing Jamal Woolard as The Notorious BIG. The movie is scheduled to hit theaters on January 16th, 2009.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?...286&count=0

• 4 weeks later...

I think they've made it more movie/story-like instead of bio-pic-like. Becuz of stories like this and becuz it's based off somebody we all know, everything about it predictable. It looks like a half-step up from a TV movie. I will say that it has a lil' bit of my attention now even tho' i'm not a fan of Biggie's. I'll still probably wait til it hits DVD tho.'

this trailer gives me a little more hope into it being halfway decent but i still dont expect much. you can see tupac at like 1:47 i think it was. looks pretty real but since it was only a second of footage, that adds to a person thinking it is more realistic... if you get what i mean. but biggie himself needs more work i feel but its too late for that.

I watched it again...i didn't see anyone who resembled 2Pac at all. It doesn't look like this movie is gonna have anything on Tupac Resurrection.

Tupac Ressurection is a masterpiece, really. its an extremely well done documentary. in fact, one of my professors knows the person who got nominated for it. pretty cool.

tupac ressurection is a film, not a movie, in my opinion. (kinda like the krs hip hopv s rap argument but for movies)

notorious is a movie, and its kinda crazy that tupac was the mc and biggie the rapper (imo) and it reflects the flicks about them too (2pac/film - biggie/movie)

ok. im looking too into this.