JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

NEW LEFT EYE ALBUM

JumpinJack AJ

This is for Julie and anyone else who cares.

To set the scene, Arista released Left Eye's Supernova album in 2001 overseas but wanted her 2 change it up for the US release. It was part a long fight that had been going on since 1997. Left Eye's original solo album (produced by Eric Sermon and Wyclef) was neglected and overlooked while they pushed for TLC's new album 2 get completed. Left Eye wasn't changing the album and just abandoned it and started working with Suge Knight on Deathrow. She was cool with the camp but never really stood for what they do. I believe the whole thing was one of her attention-getting moves. She recorded a small handful of tracks under the name N.I.N.A. Most thought she was going gangsta being on Deathrow and using a nickname for a gun...however, Nina is the name she used as her character who would seperate "Lisa" and "Nickie" ("Nickie was the girl she 'turned into' when she used to drink too much). After appearing out of character on 106 + Park with Deathrow and not being happy around their energy, she left Deathrow (even tho' she never officially signed with them...still in her pending Arista contract). When she passed away, she started working on the new TLC record.

We all know TLC's 3D came out without much success. The album wasn't promoted, the girls didn't perform much, and the singles/videos were only moderate hits. The 2003 "Now + Forever" greatest hits album was only released overseas until they 'released' it in the US in 2005 with no video or promotion.

After Left Eye passed, her family slowely took her legacy over. However, they aren't exactly the wisest business people. Her incredible interactive website eventually was taken down and their "repackaged" version of Supernova including unreleased songs and remixes never came out. Deathrow also claimed they were gonna release the N.I.N.A. with the 6 tracks she did with them plus remixed tracks from Supernova. All they ever released was the "Too Street 4 TV" track on the Dysfunkional Family soundtrack.

Well, hey are inked a deal with Koch and Mass Appeal and a Left Eye album is dropping NOVEMBER 11TH. It was originally slated for an October release and has been bumped back at least 2 times. There's no news of what the album is...Supernova...all of her other unreleased trax, remixed solo work, a mix of all of the above?!?!?

Also, earlier this month, they officially released VH-1's amazing but haunting "The Last Days of Left Eye" including a few deleted scenes. The disappointing thing about the release is that the unreleased TLC song "Let's Just Do It" that is supposed to be on the DVD-Rom portion of the DVD doesn't work.

Also, for those that care, one of the N.I.N.A. remixes was recently leaked. It's a more urban version of "Life Is Like A Park" featuring Eastwood (one of Deathrow's only decent emcee's). The production is actually good. Better than anything I've heard come off Deathrow since 2000. Left Eye's and Carl Thomas' vocals are the same...Eastwood laid down a rap on it. In my opinion, he's alright on the mic...the song just doesn't need him.

Her new website is supposed 2 be launched soon...

http://www.LeftEyeLegacy.com

I'll be getting that album, Left Eye's the realest