JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

50 Cent, Ludacris Join MTV To Honor Vets

bigted

50 Cent, Ludacris Join MTV To Honor Vets

October 20th, 2008 | Author: Danielle HarlingMTV's Choose or Lose campaign will partner up with CNN this week for A Night for Vets: An MTV Concert for the BRAVE which will feature live performances by 50 Cent, Ludacris, and Alt/Rock outfit Saving Abel.

Hosted by MTV personality "Sway" Calloway, A Night for Vets aims to raise awareness to the issues that have plagued veterans for years including employment, health care, homelessness, and education.

A Night for Vets will also include the stories of recent Iraq and Afghanistan War veterans and the issues they face back home.

"It doesn't matter where you stand on the war - we can all agree that young veterans serving our country must receive the benefits they've earned for their sacrifices," Van Toffler, President of MTV Networks said in a statement. "By raising awareness through A Night for Vets: An MTV Concert for the BRAVE, and by launching the BRAVE petition, we aim to elevate these issues and ensure they're a top priority for our government officials."

The BRAVE petition is a call to action on several issues including proper mental health treatment for veterans, full funding of veteran hospitals, compensation for extended tours of duty, and more. The BRAVE petition can be signed at www.chooseorlose.com.

A Night for Vets will air on October 24 at 8 p.m. on MTV. The event will also include taped appearances/performances by Kanye West, Nelly, Beyonce, Common, Fat Joe, and more.

at first i thought this was about that 50 Cent and Ludacris were joining an MTV honor of rap vets.

and i was like whatttttttt? then i read a little but and realized i was a retard. seems like a cool event.

dare i say that 50 cents new song get up is good? its like his original cd which we all bought. so dont front.

but ill have to check this out for the performances like kanye (even though he is falling off) and common. i wonder who is in the more category.