JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

LL Cool J All World 2?

bigted

I was just browsing the internet for some music and I came across this album from LL Cool J called "All World 2": http://www.amazon.com/All-World-2-LL-Cool/dp/B002SGQGY8/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1,

From the tracklisting this looks like something that Def Jam just threw together without any thought into it at all, no exclusive unreleased songs, no remixes, and they could of at least had a bonus DVD with music videos like the Ultimate Run-Dmc, no respect for hip hop's "G.O.A.T." here, Def Jam dropped the ball again.... I loved the original "All World" album, what I would've done if I was Def Jam was remaster those same songs for the 1st disc and title it: All World 1984-1996 and on the second disc have about another 15 tracks from 1997-2009 tracks on the 2nd disc spanning from the "Pheneomenon" era to the "Exit 13" era through 2009 with "Billie Jean Dream" as the bonus track, and the 3rd disc as a DVD with music videos, interviews, and performance footage, come on now how many rappers had a 25 year career? This would be the proper set in my opinion, what do you other LL fans think? Did anyone actually get this album to see if it at least had exclusive pics and thorough liner notes spanning 25 years?

Edited by bigted

After looking at that dissapointing tracklist, I don't think I'd get it right away, that's something I'd look for in a discount bin, yeah it seems like something Def Jam and LL did just to fulfill the contract.... I think most greatest hits collections suck personally but "All World"'s probably one of the best ever, if Def Jam did it right it coulda been another classic... Which brings it back to my concept if I worked for Def Jam I'd do it like this I'd title it "All World Def Jam Pioneer LL Cool J Collector's Edition Set 1984-2009":

Disc One(All World 1984-1996 Remastered Songs):

1. I Can't Live Without My Radio

2. Rock the Bells (the original version)

3. I'm Bad

4. I Need Love

5. Going Back to Cali

6. Jack the Ripper

7. Jingling Baby

8. Big Ole Butt

9. The Boomin' System

10. Around the Way Girl

11. Mama Said Knock You Out

12. Back Seat

13. I Need a Beat

14. Doin It

15. Loungin

16. Hey Lover (featuring Boyz II Men)

Bonus Track:17. I Shot Ya Remix( the only flaw All World had that it included this legendary posse track)

Disc 2: (All World 2 1997-2009)

1. G.O.A.T. Intro(one of the illest album intros ever)

2. 4, 3, 2, 1

3. Father

4. Ill Bomb

5. You and Me

6. Fughedoboutit

7. 10 Million Stars

8. Luv U Better

9. Hush

10. Headsprung

11. Freeze Remix

12. What You Want

13. The Truth(Original version over "Dead Presidents" beat)

14. Rockin' Wit The G.O.A.T.

15. Mr. President

16. Billie Jean Dream(Bonus Song) plus some of those Rick Rubin production tracks that were recorded during the "10" era that he mentioned they were working on

Disc 3: DVD with 20 music videos and bonus features:

1. My Radio(Performed On Krush Groove)

2. I'm Bad

3. Big Ole Butt

4. Mama Said Knock You Out

5. Around The Way Girl

6. Rockin' With The G.O.A.T.

7. Mr. President

8. Headsprung

9. Back Seat

10. Doin' It

11. Loungin'

12. Hush

13. 4, 3, 2, 1

14. I Shot Ya Remix

15. Father

16. Control Myself(didn't like the song much but J-Lo's lookin' hot in the video, lol)

17. Going Back To Cali

18. Hey Lover

19. I'm That Type Of Guy

20. Luv U Better

DVD Extras like interviews and concert footage, even something of a biography like his E! True Hollywood story, the A&E special from the "Todd Smith era"

That's true, to really include all LL's hits you probably need at least 3 CDs, it's a 25 year career I think the original All World CD missed hits like "I'm That Type Of Guy", "I'm Comin'" and "Till The Break Of Dawn"

I saw it in stores last week. Before seeing the title, I got really excited by the visual even tho' it was a pic from a few years ago. I flipped it over and was kinda disappointed in the tracklisting. I like that they included a few old tracks but i think it really should have picked up where the last one left off. I thought it was ridiculous that it didn't have Ain't Nobody, Father, Shut Em Down, Imagin That, Control Myself, etc. If there were gonna put Pink Cookies... on there they should have used the remix that they used in the video (which is much better than the album version). I am gonna get it but since it didn't have anything new or previously unreleased on it I let it stay on the shelf. Even if they did a megamix video or something, Def Jam should have promoted it.

I'm sure we'll get a proper LL Cool J Greatest Hits album at some point. Both All Worlds are missing some tracks.

Well I think sorta good timing that this All World 2 album came out, it paves the way for LL to have a fresh start in the new decade ahead, it's time for him to take more control of his career