JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Some music news!

VIsqo

Kanye's "Good Ass Job" Set For September

First reported to be dropping sometime next month (June), it looks like Kanye West's upcoming new "Good Ass Job" album is set to be released in sometime in September, according to insiders at Island Def Jam. As we previously reported, Jay-Z is planning a "Greatest Hits" type album to drop next month, so it makes sense Def Jam would delay Kanye's album.

In related news, Common recently talked about Kanye and his new album. "I been around Kanye for what he's been working on but I haven't worked on it. He can produce, write, he does it all so he doesn't need much help. I like when we're around each other creating because I think we inspire each other. Kanye is definitely going to come with something powerful and I'm definitely coming with something that's powerful and soulful, just the essence of what hip-hop feels like, just good music."

(So, Jay decides to drop an album, and they push back kanye.. lol)
_-__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Details On Drakes Debut Album Leak

More details on Young Money's own Drake and his debut "Thank Me Later" album have hit the net showing that producer Timbaland and spots from rappers like Jay-Z will be on board.

1. Timbaland produced a track called "Thank Me Now." 2. Indie pop band Francis and the Lights, who opened for Drake on tour, is featured on one song. "I wanted to take what I love about [their] music and bring it into my world," says Drake. 3. "Karaoke" deals with the pitfalls of achieving fame at an early age. He recalls how he felt at 15 when his girlfriend told him she couldn't love a star. "It killed me," he explains. "I can't wait till she hears it. She'll know it's her." 4. Jay-Z schools his younger peer on "Light Up." 5. Drake made this album for music lovers, not for the Billboard charts. "I didn't make this album for commercial purposes. A lot of the verses are extremely long. I just made it to share with people. I hope they can enjoy."

(I wish I could believe this is not a commercial album..)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jay-Z To Release A Greatest Hits Album

According to multiple reports, it looks like Jay-Z will drop an album of all his hits next month called "The Hits (Collection Volume 1)." Set to hit stores on June 29th, the hits album is even rumored to include 1 or 2 new songs from Jay-Z. Reported to include "Public Service Announcement", "D.O.A.", "Run This Town", "Empire State of Mind", and "Where I'm From", which means it's pretty weighted toward recent material.

(Thats what I dont like about these greatest hits albums.. They dont really show the best from an artist..)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fat Joe's Darkside album to be released next month

Fat Joe will release his 10th studio album on June 29th called "Darkside." The new project reportedly will include Just Blaze, DJ Premier, The Clipse, Cam’ron, The Alchemist, Buckwild, Scram Jones, Cool & Dre, Scott Storch, Streetrunner, DJ Infamous, Scoop DeVille, Trey Songz, R. Kelly and more.

(Wow, with a lineup of producers like this, I think this is going to be the first Fat Joe album I buy..)
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Games Album Pushed Back Again

According to multiple reports, Game's upcoming "R.E.D." album has been pushed back untill July. Game's fourth studio album was set to hit stores on June 29th but it was pushed back to July 6th.

(Same story, different date..)

Source: http://www.rapbasement.com/

I'm very disappointed with Kanye's album being pushed back. As far as Jay's "Greatest Hits" album or whatever it is...how can you fit all of Jay-Z's hits on one CD? "Where I'm From"? was that even a hit? Jay has such an extensive catalogue that it would take 2 maybe 3 CDs. As far as Fat Joe is concerned, its so blatantly obvious that hes using others to draw more attention to him. It seems like every hit or album he has its just a collabo album but him and DJ Premier should be magic. I actually like the 1st single "Slow Down"

Drake's new album i'll check out but I think he is very overrated.

I don't really like "Greatest Hits" albums that much, the best one that was probably done in hip hop was LL's "All World", by focusing mostly on Jay-Z' latest hits really shows that Def Jam's just out for money, if they really want to put out Jay-Z' best songs it'll be from his earlier half of his career, most of his recent stuff is overrated... I'm hoping Fat Joe brings it back to the level of "Don Cartegena" and the "Jealous Ones Still Envy" albums, I do like some of his recent stuff but it's not as good as his earlier career either... I don't mind waiting for Kanye's album 'cause he needs to take his time, his last couple albums sounded like rushed material, he needs to take it back to the "College Dropout" and "Late Registration" level and lose the ego.... Drake sucks just like the other pop rappers out these days, I'm not anticipating him at all...

Fat Joe's new single is tight, Slow Down with Jeezy, I do not care about Jeezy but Joe's rapping like back in the day on that one, raw ish.
I'm looking forward to Good Ass ****, it' gonna be tight, it sounds like it's going to be some real ish this time around.
I do not care about Jay-Z GH, but I understand the move, why the hell shouldn't he?
Drake.. Ugh..
Game.. Man I'm also looking forward to that one, he never disapointed on his albums.. But it's crazy how often is was pushed back now.