JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Big Boi talks Outkast new album!

VIsqo

Big Boi Talks New Outkast Album

Big Boi released his new "Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty" solo album this week but he is also working on another Outkast project while working on his solo projects. "I got about four, five songs that I'm tinkering with right now," Big Boi says. "But at the same time, there's a couple of records that we picked out for the Outkast record too. So while Dre is working on his records, we're kinda, with Organized Noize, seeing what's gonna go for the 'Kast album. And at the same time, with the beats I already got, I'm just making the most out of my time, whether I'm on the road touring or just on the bus or whatever; just putting ideas down."

"With this album right here, there was just a lot of label politics in the background that kinda fueled my fire," Big Boi said of enduring multiple delays for his current album. "You not gonna tell me what I'm doing isn't jamming. I know this is some of the best music I'm making in my whole life; I'm putting everything into it. I'm spending time away my family, my wife and my kids to record for three years and you don't respect my craft? That kind of fueled everything."

http://www.rapbasement.com/outkast/070810-outkast-own-big-boi-talks-about-working-on-the-new-outkast-album-watch-here-click-now.html

Edited by VIsqo

Big Boi last album was great, I am really looking foward to checking this one out. And a new Outkast joint would be great for hip hop!

"Speakerboxx" is one of my favorite albums so I'm definately getting his new solo joint, I can't wait for another Outkast one

"Speakerboxx/The Love Below" is the highest selling album in hip hop history if I'm not mistaken

If that's true it's because they count double-disc albums as 2 CDs being sold....meaning that it's probably not. Has anything passed Please Hammer, Don't Hurt 'Em or CRaZYSeXyCOol (tho' some would consider that an R-N-B album)?

I need 2 listen 2 Big Boi's album. I have to be honest tho.' I'm interested in an new OutKast album, but I'm not excited about it. Back in the 90's they felt like a group...like one unit. They were down to earth but artsy and with an edge. It seems like like their 3rd and 4th album just had them evolving to something that I'm not that into anymore. They don't feel like a real group anymore. They seemed like collaborating artists instead. It just seems like their experimental side as taken them a bit 2 far from their original formula in my opinion. Let's be real, between Speakerboxxx /The Love Below and Idlewild...we haven't had an OutKast studio album in 10 years! 1 was 2 solo discs and the other was a soundtrack...and not very good one at that. I hope this time away brings them back 2 basics.