JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

MARKY MARK GETS HIS HOLLYWOOD STAR

Mark Wahlberg Brings Family to Hollywood Star Unveiling

By PopEater Staff Posted Jul 30th 2010 07:55AM

Mark Wahlberg Brings Family to Hollywood Star Unveiling
Mark Wahlberg landed his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame yesterday, and brought his wife, model Rhea Durham, and four children with him to celebrate. Photos showed Wahlberg looking dapper and proud during the momentous occasion.

"I'm so happy my kids are sitting through this," Wahlberg said, according to the BBC. "When I heard I was getting this star, I felt like it was a practical joke." The 39-year-old actor's children, from left to right, are Ella Rae, Grace Margaret, Brendan Joseph and Michael.

"I'm the youngest of nine, so the more the merrier," the 'Boogie Nights' star said on 'Ellen' in January, speaking of his sizable brood.

Wahlberg made his big-screen debut in 1993. Before that, he was a rapper and went by Marky Mark. His biggest box office successes have been Tim Burton's 2001 'Planet of the Apes' remake and 2000's 'The Perfect Storm' -- both films raked in more than $180 million. He received a Best Supporting Actor Oscar nomination for his turn in Martin Scorsese's 2006 hit 'The Departed,' which took home four trophies, including Best Director and Best Picture.

Wahlberg, who appeared at the MTV Movie Awards in June, stars in 'The Other Guys' with Will Ferrell, out August 6.

Good for him. I can't say he's a really good actor though (his best role was in 'The Departed', amazing movie). He's made many average performances in many average movies.

When is Will's turn?? I mean, even Nicolas Cage has his star, and he's one of the worst actors ever :laugh:

Edited by Ale

Will Smith already had his,

it was really funny lol

Yeah, but he doesn't have a star, right? I mean, this is Will immortalizing his hands and feet in cement at Grauman's Chinese Theater. But I don't think he's got his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame like Mark Wahlberg..

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Ale

• 1 month later...

Mark Wahlberg is Embarrassed of His Rap Career

Mark Wahlberg cringes when he thinks back to his music career, because he's so embarrassed about his life as an up-and-coming rapper. The actor rose to fame with Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch before moving on to high profile films including "Planet of the Apes" and "Boogie Nights."

Now Wahlberg admits he hates watching footage of his pop star days and is often the subject of his friends' jokes. He says: "Ah man, embarrassed. I thought I was so cool back then, but when I see the footage, I was such an ass."

Wahlberg continued: "I remember seeing this thing on VH1, some Sexy People Of The 90s Show. My brother Paul was watching with me and my assistant - they were just killing themselves with laughter. To top it off, I was number one! So for ages after whenever they'd call, they'd be, 'Can we speak to the Sexiest Man Of The 90s please?' They keep killing me."

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=18916&count=0

He does get tons of flack. I don't know. I mean, he was a bit egotistical in his persona but at the same time, he had some very down to earth moments in both his music and his interviews. As a white boy in Hip-Hop he certainly had to work harder than your average emcee back then. He mixed the streets with the clubs. That's exactly what everyone is trying to do now. The thing is, he actually came from the streets but since he's brother was in one of the biggest pop groups at the time, they wanted to put that label on him as well. When I watch/read the old interviews I have from that time, all I see is a young person living it up. Sometimes when we do that, we do some silly things. I think the fact that critics and so many haters dissed him, it gave him a bit of a complex. Why he says stuff like that in the interview u posted, he's still got some of that swag that comes out depending on who he's being interviewed by. If he's relaxed, Marky comes out. Otherwise he tries to do the hollywood thing. FP does a similar thing sometimes. Yet on top of that, Marky recorded music for years that he never released and never intended on releasing. Artists evolve. I've always wished he'd come back musically but he's just not willing to fight the haters and jeopardize his career.

It looks like Mark will be stepping back to the mic...just now the way people like myself want him to. He made the comment a few weeks ago that he would return to the mic is Justin Bieber asked him to because his 6 year old daughter loves him. Justin was on Ellen the other day and when she told him about that he said something like "Yeah, I'll do it...it's Marky Mark." I know that if he keeps his word it'll just be for a song but I'm really hoping it gets alot of success and turns into more. I mean, music has always been a part of him but he's suppressed it and he wants 2 do it or he wouldn't have put it out there. I'm hoping he's not just kidding....lol. We'll see what happens.