JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The most played artist of the decade!

VIsqo

The most played artist of the decade is a country singer.

Say whaaat??

"The winner is Tim McGraw. The singer, actor, and husband to Faith Hill's airplay numbers are truly staggering: He racked up a mind-boggling 7,965,000 radio spins over the period spanning January 1, 2000 to December 31, 2009. This ranks him ahead of such chart toppers as Beyoncé, Jay-Z, and Britney Spears."

Full Article:

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/ourcountry/48926/country-music-claims-most-played-artist-of-the-decade/

_________________________________________________________________________________________

This is truly a surprise for me, even though I recognize that Country music has replaced Hip Hop as the music power in America these years..

That really surprises me. I really don't like country music...at all...ESPECIALLY the twangy stuff. I admire what it accomplished in the 90's tho.' It started from an ultimately disliked music to becoming another branch of pop music. I think Country music has evolved but ultimately stayed true to it's roots. It's artists are respectful to it's fans, music, and don't act like idiot, hateful children...unlike commercial rap. You don't see Country artists pushing lyrical poison music that doesn't relate 2 it's listeners or pushing out albums that only carry explicit lyrics stickers.