JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Pharrell Calls The Game Most Underrated

VIsqo

Pharrell Calls The Game Most Underrated

Just weeks ago one of hip hop's top producers Kanye West called Lloyd Banks one of the most underrated rappers out there now another top producer, Pharrell Williams of the Neptunes, is calling The Game the most underrated artists in hip hop.

"Game is one of the most underrated emcees ini the game," Pharrell said in an interview. "Pun intended. He is, he is. I mean the things that that kid says? [He's a problem,] he really is man. West Coast mentality with an East Coast understanding. He's just, he's a quintessential emcee. I'm sorry, he's one of the best. Just because he is, you just would never know that. But that guy, and he has like maybe 30 or 40 records right now [for The R.E.D. Album]. So he's just picking the best 12. I mean, we worked on a huge body of work. And he has some great records from Dr. Dre, he has some dope records from Cool & Dre, he worked with [DJ Premier.]"

http://www.rapbasement.com/pharrell/101110-pharrell-williams-calls-the-game-one-of-the-most-underrated-rappers-watch-here.html

I dont agree that he is that underrated.. He doesnt have enough work out there to be rated on the the top of the list, and even though he is talented, he insists on bringing controversy and on trying to drop names and beef with everybody so that he can make the news.. I believe good music should make the news, not personal problems of the artists..

I don't think Game's underrated at all either, I like him, he's been one of the better mcs in the last 5 years, he's put in some work, with each album he's improved and he drops hot mixtapes like "The Red Room", btw what ever happened to that song that he did with Will? It seems like a year has passed since we seen that photo of them in the studio together...

Edited by bigted

Well Game's album been delayed so many times so if they did something for the album it's on the backburner and with Will focused on films right now it's not looking that good... Now back to this topic I think there's a feeling of underrating talented artists in the general public since they just focus on the beefs and the controversey, as I stated he's put out 3 strong albums and some good mixtapes too so it's not like he's not putting out any music, he has strong diss tracks btw too that display his skills, so Game is underrated in that sense, real fans give him credit but some people do underrate him to a point...

Edited by bigted