JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

BET HIP-HOP AWARDS

JumpinJack AJ

Even with commercial state of Rap music being utter trash I watched the BET Hip-Hop Awards only because I knew Salt-N-Pepa was getting an award. Thankfully there were many surprises along the way they kept me from turning the channel. At the end of a wack Rick Ross performance, MC Hammer took the stage for a modern remix of "2 Legit 2 Quit." He was right on point lyrically and with that classic Hammer dancing. U could tell from all of the crowd shots that they were loving it. It's totally time for a Hammer comeback because a lot of people are receptive. The freestyles were ultimately the thing that kept my attention. Run and Ice Cube did ones with their sons which were dope. Common Sense also had a good one. Salt-N-Pepa's tribute was fitting but they definitely should have performed. DJ Premier came out to do a tribute to Guru and at the end of someone else's performance, Shock-G rushed the stage as Humpty Hump which led to Digital Underground doing "The Humpty Dance" and "I Get Around" as a non-gangsta tribute to 2Pac. To be honest, I can't remember any of the other performances or presenters for the most part. It was mostly garbage pop rappers like Nickie Minaj. I was surprised that so many legend and iconic emcees showed up to balance it out and give the show some heart.

MC Hammer "2 Legit 2 Quit" (u'll have to skip to the 4 minute mark to get thru' the trash)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9TJ5fXzL3s

Common Sense shines, Pusha T does his thing too. Big Sean and Cyhy seem like they might be promising. And some of u will like the clown Kanye.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-rOZnb-ewI

The first video was removed, but Im loving the Cypher, I missed it because I was watching the baseball game but They probably will rerun it several times, so Ima see it soon.