JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith to be Judge on US X-Factor

Da Brakes

http://www.mtv.co.uk/music/x-factor/news/249248-x-factor-will-smith-nicole-scherzinger-simon-cowell-cheryl-cole
-----------------------------------------

Will Smith & Nicole Scherzinger For US X Factor
Sources claim Will & Nicole have signed up to be judges on the show...
16:20, Wednesday, 8 December 2010

Will Smith and Nicole Scherzinger will allegedly join Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole on the judging panel of the US version of The X Factor.

According to The People, SiCo has apparently signed Smith and the ex-Pussycat Dolls singer, along with himself and Chezza to be the "core judges" on the American panel.

Reports also suggest that the core panelists will be joined by a fifth guest judge each week, with the likes of Mariah Carey, Zac Efron, Jon Bon Jovi and George Michael all being lined up.

A source revealed: "Simon wants to keep it fresh and have a different judge every week. He's over the moon with his three core judges, and himself of course."

They continued: "But he wants some big names to do guest appearances. He has spoken to several stars and they have bitten his hand off to appear."

It is also thought that Will's daughter, Willow Smith, who looks set to top the Official UK singles chart this weekend, will also star as a guest judge on the panel.

While Smith and Scherzinger may have landed a job on the show, former UK guest judge, Katy Perry, has ruled herself out of a role on the programme when in launches Stateside next year.

When asked if she would be joining the show, the Firework singer revealed: "Everybody is saying that, but I don't know if anybody's checked my tour dates lately. I'm going to be on the road all year."

Katy added: "I'm not doing X Factor. But, you know, mystery is history... I'd love to come and do it one of these days."

I'm not familiar with the show. This seem seems kinda random. I just like that he's involved with something music related. The 'Prince naturally blends in to whatever he takes part in.

• Members

I think this show is going to rock.Because where will smith is judge in show,public should be crazy about the show.X factor new season is very much surprising for viewers of the show.This music talent hunt show is my favourite music show.X-Factor is big everyhwre.X factor is big hit in UK.This show will more popular due the will smith is judge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Will Smith `not signed for X-Factor`: rep

Will Smith's rep has rubbished reports that the one-time rapper has signed up to judge the US X-Factor.

Rumours circulated yesterday, Monday, that the actor had struck a deal with music mogul Simon Cowell to join the judging panel on the talent show.

But a spokesperson for Smith, 42, told Gossip Cop that there is 'no truth' in the story.

Several stars have been linked to coveted roles on the judging panel including Rihanna, Nicole Scherzinger, George Michael and Cheryl Cole, although the official line-up still remains a closely guarded secret.

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/news/article_1610774.php/Will-Smith-not-signed-for-X-Factor-rep

Simon Cowell: Will Smith Won't Be a Judge on 'X Factor'

The rumor mill is buzzing that Will Smith has signed on as a judge for Simon Cowell's US "X Factor," but the candid judge is putting those rumors to rest.

"I would love to work with Will, but I don't know where this story has come from, because we have never even spoken," Cowell told "Extra's" Terri Seymour.

"The X Factor" will appear on FOX in 2011... without Will.

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2011/01/simon_cowell_will_smith_wont_be_a_judge_on_x_factor.php

Edited by Ale