JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The Fugees Reportedly Reunite

fan 4ever

The Fugees Reportedly Reunite
By Remmie Fresh
Date: 9/18/2004 2:08 am

The Fugees have reportedly reunited after an eight-year hiatus, group member Wyclef Jean has exposed.

Jean revealed scant details about the reunion to andPOP, but did state that the original trio of Lauryn Hill and Pras are now on speaking terms.

“All the Fugees are talking. We're all definitely talking. The energy is definitely good energy,” he said, "I spoke to Lauryn. I spoke to Pras. And [its] just real good energy, good vibes."

During the lengthy sabbatical, the group remained in the national consciousness with solo endeavors, personal and professional issues and public speculation. Clef and Pras have warred back and forth in music and media while Lauryn has also dealt with a number of personal matters as well.

Still, despite the rekindled interaction, Jean said a new album is quite a ways off, possibly a year and a half.

"It's important for the Fugees to come back and just show them what the next chapter is because there's a whole other chapter that they didn't touch yet," he continued.

The Fugees’ 1996 sophomore album, The Score, sold over 17 million copies and won the group a Grammy for Best Album.

In related news, Lauryn Hill is reportedly wrapping a new solo album and recently filmed a music video. The video was shot in downtown New York City. The album has been rumored to be called The Khulami Phase, a long running title that has been in the works for at least a year.

source: Allhiphop.com

This is great news. The Fugees R dope. And all three members have gotten some type of success on solo tips. Dang, all our greats of hip hop R coming back.

MC Hammer - provin himself again
LL Cool J - still doin
JJFP - combining comeback w/ Will's new Album
The Fugees - one of the best lyrical groups I've ever heard

That's great newz. If there's any truth 2 them coming back, i'm real excited. After a break like that, i'm scared they won't be able 2 do what they did b4 without dissapointing alot of people. I think Arrested Development is the only group 2 have a huge gap between albums and come back right where they left off. I'm glad 2 hear they are talking and on good terms tho.'

The Fugees definitly have talent. They helped save Hip-Hop in '96...maybe the can do it again in '06. I'm in no rush for a new album tho'...let Lauryn's album have a year or so 2 blow up the spot.

I think it's amazing that they can put all those issues aside that have lingured 4 so long and at least start talking again. That's definitly a good example 4 other groups who have parted (Eric B. + Rakim, Pete Rock + C.L. Smooth, etc). Hopefully this leads 2 a new album. Time can heal some scars.

[quote=mfuqua23,Sep 18 2004, 05:59 AM]This is great news. The Fugees R dope. And all three members have gotten some type of success on solo tips. Dang, all our greats of hip hop R coming back.

MC Hammer - provin himself again
LL Cool J - still doin
JJFP - combining comeback w/ Will's new Album
The Fugees - one of the best lyrical groups I've ever heard[/quote]
what bout Heavy D? Whats up with him?

That's great news but I wanna hear more of Wyclef and Lauryn solo albums again before the Fugees collaborate again. Their should be a mixtape album featuring all the great mcs from New Jersey like Naughty By Nature, Queen Latifah, The Fugees, and introducing Big Ted. :rock: That'd be my dream come true to work with them! :dj: Maybe in a couple of years that'll happen.

[quote=bigted,Sep 19 2004, 08:40 AM]Their should be a mixtape album featuring all the great mcs from New Jersey like Naughty By Nature, Queen Latifah, The Fugees, and introducing Big Ted. :rock: That'd be my dream come true to work with them! :dj: Maybe in a couple of years that'll happen.[/quote]
Until then bigted, why don't U make ya own Jersey City Mixtape.

...Others from NJ (if U 4got) Redman, Fatal Hussein of da Outlawz (but he ain't really nothin'.

I was forgetting about Redman for a minute, lol, he has an original style in his delivery, he keeps it fun, Fatal Huessin is probably the worst rapper in the Outlawz but I still respect the Outlawz 'cause they represent for 2Pac. BTW, I've been trying to get something poppin' with my friend who's a DJ but he works different times than I do so it's hard to know when we're gonna start recording something, I do have something in mind though to get my name out in the streets, thanks for the support fuq I appreaciate it!