JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

MONICA GETS MARRIED

JumpinJack AJ

Singer Monica and L.A. Laker Shannon Brown are Married

By Shirea L. Carroll on Jan 20th 2011 12:00PM

It's been confirmed: R&B singer Monica Arnold has tied the knot with L.A. Laker Shannon Brown in a secret ceremony that possibly took place months ago. Rumors swirled that the pair had already jumped the broom this past November, when earlier this week Brown, 25, was captured on video discussing the Lakers win over the Knicks, wearing what appeared to be a wedding band. All the buzz and secrecy led Brown to finally admit on video to hiphoponstoptv.com that Monica, 30, is indeed his wife.

When asked had he already married the songstress he responded, "Yes, that' true, and I really don't know what else to say about it." He continued, "You know that's my wife. I'm her husband, and we're going to continue to make positive things happen."

Monica and Brown, who met on the set of her video 'Love All Over Me,' faced intense scrutiny last October when rumors of their engagement surfaced after pics on Monica's "Shannon" tattoo and 10-carat diamond ring were taken only four months after they began dating. The engagement drama was nothing compared to the scandal Monica had to endure months before when she was accused of coming in between a romantic relationship Brown allegedly still had with his 1-year-old son's mother.

Monica has had publicly turbulent relationships in the past: incarcerated rapper C-Murder; G-Unit rapper Young Buck; and her most recent breakup with the Southern rapper Rocko, father of her two sons. The songstress now joins the ranks with Khloe Kardashian and LaLa Vasquez, as celebrities-turned-official-NBA-wives. However, it seems Monica could care less about the basketball lifestyle. She once tweeted, "I am the type of woman who will forever put my kids & family first. I thank God for placing Shannon in my life. He does all that and more ;-)." Well, all right, Monica, we guess all is well that ends well.