JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 2PAC!

Today marks what would have been 2Pac's 40th birthday. Love him or hate him, he was/is one of Hip-Hop's most versatile emcees. His ability to be open and vulnerable on one song and then over the top angry and violent on another has yet to be unmatched. I think his emotional and open songs are his best, along with his down to earth, around the way kind of songs. However, "Hit 'Em Up" is the evilest diss track of all time. As outlandish as this sounds, I think that if 2Pac was never murdered, commercial rap would never be as crappy as it is 2day. Sure, his and Biggie's death led to the fun and bright time and Hip-Hop but it also got so much pop attention at that time that it changed what Hip-Hop artists had 2 do 2 be popular and sell records, ...sell out and compromise.

In some people's eyes I think he's underrated and misunderstood...but he's still around and respected after all these years.

Happy Birthday 2pac!

(((Only wish him Happy Birthday in this post if u are going to post a 2Pac video, song, or interview.)))