JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Bad Boys 4 Is Already in the Works at Sony

fan 4ever

I saw that article this morning.  It feels good to see Will back on top.  It's well deserved.  It's kind of crazy that his last few films had an average response, but this one was the hit, even when there are some people who won't look past some of his problems in the past couple years.  I plan on seeing Bad Boys Ride or Die again soon. 

Yeah I’m so pleased for him that’s it’s been a hit. I still see people make comments about the slap and how they will never watch a film again but internet trolls can be very loud and obviously they aren’t in the majority of people. 

You can’t cancel Will Smith. 

I am very happy for him. The marketing work for the movie has been intense these weeks and he has been very active in social media. Martin, even with the health problems went out there and toured like the best for the movie. Deserved success!

Yeah, I've already seen talks about a desire for a 5th one.

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a61068051/will-smith-martin-lawrence-bad-boys-5/

Will Smith and Martin Lawrence address Bad Boys 5 return

"If the fans ask for it, you know we could be back."

By Sam WarnerPUBLISHED: 11 JUNE 2024

preview for Bad Boys: Ride or Die – official trailer (Sony)

Will Smith and Martin Lawrence have addressed a potential return for a fifth Bad Boys movie.

The pair are back as detectives Mike Lowrey and Marcus Burnett for the newly-released fourth instalment in the franchise, Bad Boys: Ride or Die.

In a new interview with Entertainment Weekly, the two stars were asked about returning once again in another sequel, admitting they would be up for it – though there would have to be a good reason.

will smith, bad boys 4 ride or die

Frank Masi//Sony Pictures

"Well, these younger actors are going to need to do more of the stunts, that's for sure," Smith quipped. "It is a world and characters that are just an absolute joy to be with.

"In a movie theater with Mike and Marcus, it just feels like home. So, as long as there's a reason – I never wanted to be one of those dudes who make sequels just because people will go."

The star added that he likes to do sequels if "there is something to say" and the characters are developing in a way that "will be interesting and fun to watch and maybe even a little helpful".

"Is there something that can happen in these characters' lives that is worth asking people to go to a movie theater for?" he added. "And with this movie, the answer is a resounding yes."

will smith, martin lawrence, bad boys 4 ride or die

Frank Masi//Sony Pictures

Lawrence added that they "always have so much fun making these movies" and "you've got to give the fans what they want".

"Will and I have a great time working together, so as long as the fans want it and the demand is there, I'll keep trying to give them what they want," he added.

However, Lawrence admitted they will "have to see" regarding a possible Bad Boys 5 movie, and while he'll "never say never", it also "has to make sense".

"If the fans ask for it, you know we could be back," he added.

Bad Boys: Ride or Die is now out in UK cinemas.

• Members

late to this, but I saw this movie twice in theatres. Absolutely loved it. They still got it. I really enjoyed 3, but this took it to another level. I was happy to see the poor CGI from the end of the 3rd one wasn't back for this one. 

The camera work was incredible in this one, and it was a ton of fun. I'm so happy it was so successful. 

Also shout out to the "Peter Piper" RUN DMC lyrics in the finale. That part was so epic. 

On 6/28/2024 at 11:24 AM, eagle1 said:

Also shout out to the "Peter Piper" RUN DMC lyrics in the finale. That part was so epic. 

Yes, after hearing all that modern music in the film, it was great hearing a Run DMC song during a climatic moment. It perfectly set the tone for the moment. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Ale said:

4 times??? Damn, man! :biggrin:

Hahaha I have a season pass at that movie theater, so I pay 18 bucks for unlimited entries. We saw twisters twice already. There are not that many movies we are interested in lately.