JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith at 'La Velada' - Performs New Song 'Work Of Art'

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted (edited)

That phone line just texted out a link to watch it live! 

They are also giving out the bracelets at the concert! Hoping they sell them online so that everyone can get one. 

Edited by eagle1

19 minutes ago, eagle1 said:

Wow he just performed a new song with Jaden and someone else. 

he also swore. 

believe it was called “as I live and breath” 

YES! With Jaden and Russ.

I believe the song is called 'Work Of Art'.

Great performance!!!

• Members
Posted (edited)

You’re right. When I scanned the link I thought it was a new album title. But it lets you pre-add the song. 

I only caught the 2nd half and I’m dying to rewatch it! 

Edited by eagle1

• Ale changed the title to Will Smith at 'La Velada' - Performs New Song 'Work Of Art'

the new song is flames. I'm glad he's kinda branching out, you can see the influence from everyone he had reportedly worked with in the past couple of years. This album is gonna be the one, can't wait for it. 

• Hero1 featured this topic

Love the new song. I think I new album is imminent and judging by what we’ve heard it’s gonna be amazing.

He has so much love from the crowd too, he must of felt amazing when they were chanting his name. 

The performance has 1.2 million views on YouTube so far and all positive comments.

Great performance. He seems so happy to be performing and the crowd is showing crazy love. In the past, he tended to push his vocals too much when performing live, but he seems to let his voice fall in a normal place for himself here, which I really like.

"Work of Art"... I need to hear a studio version pumping through the speakers.  The lyrics are something to unpack and spend more time with. The production is fitting for the times.  I'll personally always favor a more traditional sound.  I think I'd like a studio version better than hearing a live recording. I just hope it's the only song on the album with that kind of sound and feel.