JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

WILL SMITH SET TO PERFORM NEW SINGLE AT THE BET AWARDS 2024

https://www.bet.com/article/7k3fv6/will-smith-set-to-perform-new-single-at-bet-awards-2024?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR29P-NybUUFqZUM5C-o9oyQf-Ks7Au4mOTAzgkd9us0N_geVJTusEidLVQ_aem_D9bGx1zi-IW5yL9BINMzmQ

Will Smith Set to Perform New Single at BET Awards 2024

The BET Awards 2024 will air live on Sunday, June 30th, at 8 PM ET/ PT on BET.

June 24, 2024

9:00 AM

mgid:arc:imageassetref:bet.com:b9839084-

Hector Vivas/Getty Images

Today, BET announced a major addition to Culture’s Biggest Night, BET Awards 2024. Academy Award-winning actor, producer, and multiplatinum, 4-time GRAMMY-winning recording artist Will Smith will debut a new original song LIVE at BET Awards 2024.

Academy Award-nominated and Golden Globe-winning actor, author, director, producer, and philanthropist Taraji P. Henson will return to host, and GRAMMY award-winning global entertainment icon USHER will be honored with the prestigious Lifetime Achievement BET Award. BET Awards 2024 will air LIVE on Sunday, June 30 on BET at 8 pm ET/ PT.

"From his start as a rapper to The Fresh Prince to being a box office king as one of the Bad Boys, Will Smith is truly a global icon, and we are honored to welcome him back to grace the BET Awards stage,” said Connie Orlando, EVP Specials, Music Programming & Music Strategy at BET. We look forward to Will adding to yet another defining night for the culture that is not to be missed."

This exclusive performance adds to an already stellar line-up of performers, including GloRilla, Ice Spice, Latto, Ms. Lauryn Hill &YG Marley, Muni Long, Sexyy Red, Shaboozey, Tyla, and Victoria Monét. Additionally, Tanner Adell will perform on the BET Amplified stage.

Drake leads BET Awards 2024 nominations with an outstanding seven nods. The official BET Awards 2024 nominees were selected by a voting academy of esteemed music industry insiders, performers, and presenters. Click HERE for the complete list of “BET Awards” 2024 nominees.

Vote now for “BET Awards” 2024 Viewer’s Choice Award. Voting ends June 30, 2024, at 6:30 PM PT/ 9:30 PM ET.

I trust he'll bring it when it comes to the performance. I hope it's an event and opens some eyes to his true talent as an emcee.  It's good to see him on an award show and for it to be BET. The new single better stand out. Hopefully he releases it right after the performance. 

Finally a reason for me to watch an award show lol seriously this is great news i can't even imagine what the song is going to be like and it's lyrics but i think FP has alot to get of his chest and what better way through his music can i just point out it's been over a decade since Lost and Found and were getting a new single and album almost doesn't feel real.