JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Next LL single?

DevilsJim89

definition was abt 160 in the charts last week with sales of abt 15, 000 so its definitely time for a new single

I can't believe that the album dropped that far already on the charts, he definately needs to drop "I Got To Get Her" as a single so "The Definition" could go platinum, I hope he wins a Grammy Award for that album, it's another hip-hop classic!

The thing with LL is, he dose well without keeping his albums in the top 10. It's kinda funny, that's what he's done with the last few. The last album he really promoted with waz Mr. Smith...which did insanely well. He's starting 2 follow the FP formula by letting his albums survive on their own 2 juggle his family and movie career at the same time.

Guest lambertj3

dont make excuses for him aj i like ll but some people just ain't feeling this album and where has he always done well out of the top ten , if you drop this far from the top ten you are doing well and thats a fact

I hope Def Jam dont sleep on The Definition. It needs a 3rd single. Do it now before its too late. "I'm About to get her" is the best choice. Columbia was just lazy and ignorant with Willenium and Born to Reign, they woulda done way better if tracks like "So Fresh" and "How Da Beat Goes" were released to mainstream media and got play time.

You cant just let an album survive on its own and think its gonna do well, just like FP said he'd tour if Willenium hit #1, you cant be like that. A tour PROMOTES the album. Which is what you gotta do if you want sales.

A lot of mcs tour but they don't all have huge record sales, for instance Talib Kweli, he started touring way before "The Beautiful Struggle" came out, but the album didn't even go gold, which is a damn shame, and LL was touring too when "The Definition" came out, but it could still go platinum probably and it's nominated for a Grammy so it has had success mainstream, one thing about LL that makes him so great is that he has mainstream success but still has respect in the streets, which is something very few have done, a lot of these mainstream rappers right now don't have a lot of respect that LL has.

Most true skool Hip-Hop fans have respect 4 the pioneer artists like FP, LL, Biz Markie, and so on...but since their music dosen't always hit the charts, they either don't know they are still doing their thing, or they think their newer stuff is weak. Radio can play G-Unit and Chingy if they want...but why not give Talib Kweli and Brand Nubian a spin 2. It's a one sided game that hurts talent and creativity, yet supports average talent 2 no talent who get played by the record companies, and don't even care about making music...only making money.