JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

BET SHOWS "JUST THE TWO OF US" LOVE

4 those of u who don't watch BET, they have this show where they show the have a countdown everyday featuring the top 5 videos with the same quality. This episode's theme waz Father + Son. Ray-J (Brandy's brother) waz hosting it and they opened up with FP's "Just The Two of Us." It waz really disappointing however cuz they literally only showed 15 to 20 seconds of the video. It should have been number one cuz after all, the video not only featured Trey, but the whole song waz about family values. Next up waz Craig Mack's "Flava In Ya Ear (Remix)." A dope song, YES but it only features Puffy holding his kid for liike 2 seconds. Up next waz Snoop and Pharrell "Drop It Like It's Hot." At this point i waz no longer interested in the show....but guess who popped up next. LL Cool J with "Hush." Of course i had 2 stick around for number 1 now. And is it just me, or dose the girl that Cool J is talking 2 not have the most gorgous smile u've ever seen!?!? They topped off the chart with Nas and "Bridging the Gap."

In my opinion, "Flava In Ya Ear (Remix)" and "Drop It Like It's Hot" didn't even belong on the list. They only featured short cameos of their kids. LL's "Hush" should have been number 3 since LL shares the spotlight equally with his son. Even tho' i don't like "Bridging The Gap," i think it should have been number 2 since his dad is featured on the track. Of course, i think "Just The Two of Us" should have been number one. Not cuz FP is my favorite emcee, but cuz the whole song is about family values, what the countdown claimed 2 be about. The fact that Trey and a pregnant Jada are in it as well, and a bunch of other celebrities with their kids only push it over the top as the number 1 choice. I think the people behind the show really did FP wrong by only showing 20 seconds of the video while they showed the full version of the other videos.

Just thought i post this.

Hey I never saw the video for "Bridgin' The Gap" but I love the song though 'cause Nas shows that he has a lot of respect for ol' school soul and blues, we gotta keep the ol' school alive 'cause those cats paved the way for hip-hop to be created! :thumb: Hey why didn't they show 2Pac's "Dear Mama", that was such a great song that he wrote about his mama.

• Admin

Hey I never saw the video for "Bridgin' The Gap" but I love the song though 'cause Nas shows that he has a lot of respect for ol' school soul and blues, we gotta keep the ol' school alive 'cause those cats paved the way for hip-hop to be created! :thumb: Hey why didn't they show 2Pac's "Dear Mama", that was such a great song that he wrote about his mama.

hey ted..the bridging the gap video is really really dope!! sum real ol skool ****! i really like the song..props to nas for doin sumthin different and showin his dad sum love :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown:

This is berlimpsious!!! :kekeke: It annoys me to hear things like these. These people are just going by what the public will perceive as hot. I mean 'Drop It Like Its's Hot'.........did they even listen to the lyrics of the song. I too also love 'Bridging The Gap' I think it is a quality song. Very different!

"Flava In Ya Ear"and "Drop It Like It's Hot" should've been replaced by "T.R.O.Y." by Pete Rock&CL Smooth and "Dear Mama" by 2Pac, those were more fitting family songs! :ditto: I think "Just The Two Of Us" is probably the deepest song Will has ever made and anyone who thinks that he's corny obviously don't remember that this was released as a single. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: It'd be great if he'd release another deep song like this in the short future!