JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

TYRESE

JumpinJack AJ

I just watched Baby Boy last nite and it made me remember how much i love this cat. Ever since 1996 when he waz on that Coca-Cola commercial just singing the jingle while getting on the bus, i waz like "this guy has skillz." So when his single "Nobody Else" dropped in the summer of 1998, i waz hooked. With each album, he grows in2 a true R-N-B talent and speaks the mind of young guys like me. I waz just wondering who else here like Tyrese. His biggest singles are Nobody Else, Sweet Lady, Lately, Just A Baby Boy, I Like Them Girls, and How You Gonna Act Like That.

Also, on a related note, i think some of u might like the movie Baby Boy. It's a John Singleton film (Boyz N The Hood, Poetic Justice, Higher Learning). John Singleton said that he started writing this movie with 2Pac in mind, saying he waz the only one who could play the character Jody. He pitched the idea to 2Pac and about 2 weeks later he waz killed...so he shelved the project. Fast forward a few years he starts thinkin' about the movie and finds out that Tyrese has the skillz 2 pull it off. In Jody's room, there's a very cool 2Pac mural that gets alot of attention while "Hail Mary" is playing. Just like with 2Pac in Juice, Tyrese comes outta no where with this acting and nails the role which impressed me. While this is one of those very good hood flicks, the theme will definitly have characters that reach out 2 all people who watch it. As i waz watching it, i pulled alot of things out of it that are going on in my life right now and stuff from when i waz runnin' around the "my hood away from home" as a younger kid. Snoop Dogg also plays this evil character 2 a tee. If u like movies like this...check it out, i feel stupid for waiting nearly 4 years 2 watch it. Whoever has seen this movie, let me know what u think.

Yeah. I love Tyrese's slow jams. I seen that movie one good time. For the most part, it was good. Already seeing it wit Tyrese, kinda makes it hard 2 see 2pac. But I know 2pac would've fit that role.

Seein' as how Tyrese and Snoop was in that movie 2gether, have they ever done a collab?

I like Tyreese too, is he working on anything new? I like that Enhanced bonus stuff on "2000 Watts" where he talks about growing up in Watts and giving back now that he's successful, he seems like a real down to earth guy. Tyreese and Snoop collabed on a song called "Baby Boy" for the movie soundtrack, it's a dope song!