JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

hip hop history thought,do you think like me?

Guest Guest_moro

Guest Guest_moro

well, all we know that 2pac nd biggie are rap legends,and fundamental points on rap history,but i think that that east side-west side thing brought only negative things in hip hop,i know this was a division in the game,coasts etc but what is the meaning of that,i've never understand that,who created it???'why????

it only brought violence with no sense,agressive songs(like hit em up for example),and help some wack "rappers" to grow in a game where he didn't have place,because he doesn't say nothin in his songs!!!and all that stupid stuff killed two brilliant mc's.if somebody tell me if this history bring some positive things on rap,or if anybody can tell me things that i don't now about this east-west concept,please do it.

2pac and biggie forever......and JJFP too, for sure

peace

The East Coast/West Coast feud started after 2Pac started attacking Biggie in songs, freestyles, and interviews. He said B.I.G. knew that he waz gonna be robbed and shot, but never told 2Pac. He felt betrayed cuz he mentored Biggie and gave him some shine by letting him record a few trax with him and letting him perform at some of his shows. Of course Puffy and Junior M.A.F.I.A. were a part of Biggie's clique, and after Biggie sold out his original style for the commercializm of Bad Boy, he didn't hold any anger back. From there, the Source awards took it 2 another level in which Suge called out Puffy and Bad Boy which turned it in2 a Deathrow/Bad Boy fued. From there, a bunch of other artists jumped in. Like Nas, Jay-Z, Mobb Deep, Tha Dogg Pound, and others. Most of them had no place 2 open their mouth in the 1st place.

I never thought Biggie waz a real talent. I'm not insulting him, i just never saw anything that impressive from him and i don't see how people can call him one of the greatest...especially since he waz taken only after dropping 1 album.

The East Coast/West Coast feud waz nothing but a big embarassment which lead only 2 violence. I think there waz some good 2 come out of it. It helped do away with gangsta rap. People realized that it waz time 2 grow up and stop being so careless with their music. After all that happened, Hip-Hop got a breath of fresh air. Old skool artists and new new skool artists arrived with some REAL Hip-Hop music and listeners were kinda sick of the harder stuff. Of course alot of mainstream stuff succeeded like Mase and so on...but u gotta take the good with the bad. Sadly, that breath of fresh air didn't last long enuff. By 1999, alot of garbage started emerging again. In recent years, FP, Latifah, and so on have been ignored musically by the mainstream while rubbish from Chingy, Ludacris, Lil' Jon, Lil' Scrappy, G-Unit, and other has gotten popular.

Rest In Peace 2 all of Hip-Hop's fallen soilders.

well, all we know that 2pac nd biggie are rap legends,and fundamental points on rap history,but i think that that east side-west side thing brought only negative things in hip hop,i know this was a division in the game,coasts etc but what is the meaning of that,i've never understand that,who created it???'why????

it only brought violence with no sense,agressive songs(like hit em up for example),and help some wack "rappers" to grow in a game where he didn't have place,because he doesn't say nothin in his songs!!!and all that stupid stuff killed two brilliant mc's.if somebody tell me if this history bring some positive things on rap,or if anybody can tell me things that i don't now about this east-west concept,please do it.

2pac and biggie forever......and  JJFP too, for sure

peace

How old arer you man? Hip-hop didn't start with the 2Pac/Biggie feud, and Biggie ain't a hip-hop legend, he only released 2 albums and rapped more about materialism and sex than anything(Jay-Z' the same way now), 2Pac released 10 albums, so 2Pac's the legend who rapped more about the struggles of life than anything else. btw anything not relevent to JJFP should be in 'Caught In The Middle' forum, peace!

Edited by bigted

You know what? I **** on ppl like B.I.G and Tupac. It doesn't matter who they are and who began all that stuff. Look at ppl like FP, he even wanted to stop rapping cause of all that stuff!!!! What would you do right now, if he'd stopped doing music forever? your whole life would have changed, and would have been in a different direction.

Maybe they are big rappers, but just due to all that east/west coast stuff. Tupac or B.I.G wouldn't be such great "legends" if there weren't this beef caused by themself.

FP would be still at the top with JJ and not solo. maybe he wouldn't be nominated for an oscar, but he would maybe do more music and maybe Worldtours with Jeff. There would be more talented rappers out there and the kids wouldn't be brainwashed by all that "i want to be a gansta" stuff.

thats my opinion and i don't want to attack other ppl by this statement. I just can't see it anymore how kids are taking drugs and smokin joints and all that stuff in such young years. the bad thing is that they think that it is cool and hiphop.

Just visit DrDres homepage for example. its a shame that he's advertising his webpage with this drug ****. (i don't know the name in english, but in german we say "hanf", maybe somebody can translate it).

He is one of the big ppl in the game (for kids and media) and he represents hiphop... so think about it.

JJFP Rocks The House

The murders of 2Pac and Biggie actually helped get FP back in the game, not turn him away. It waz the change Hip-Hop and Rap took in 1992/1993 that killed his dream 4 it. While he liked Dr. Dre's "The Chonic" album, it waz that same album that trashed Hip-Hop/Rap. Nothing but fake ghetto tales and non-talent rappers started coming out. 2Pac's "All Eyez On Me" waz an album FP really admired. Not for the "2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted" stuff that everyone else liked...but 4 trax like "Wonda Why They Call U B!+ch" that actually had tons of subject. During that time when the murders occured, it waz the music of The Fugees, Nas, A Tribe Called Quest, Busta Rhymes, De La Soul that gave him that extra push 2 let him know he still fit in the game. B4 he hated the path the music waz taking, but he saw talented people with something 2 say getting attention and he knew that he could do it. It waz that music that inspired him and that's what got him started on Big Willie Style and actually recording again. If it wazn't 4 their murders, the Hip-Hop community and Rap fans maybe wouldn't have wanted 2 hear something new and not so heavy.

You know what? I **** on ppl like B.I.G and Tupac.

Watch ur mouth man, that's disrespectful, they're dead, even though I didn't like Biggie, I wouldn't say that about him.

Guest Guest_moro

man i know that hip hop doesn't born with BIG and 2pac.kurtis blow,sugar hill gang,melle mel,rakim,mr magic,grandmaster caz,run dmc and obiously dj kool herc....this is where hip hop born,i'm only saying that this east-west era on hip hop history,don't gave anything positive in the game,i think that 2pac is much better than notorious too

Guest Guest_moro

there are no dude tupac is one of the greatest,his facility to rhyme,to freestyle,to write lyrics was incredible,and his flow is so dope and so recognizable.

i remember somebody saying in tv that 2pac used to rap when he walked by the street,freestlying etc...i'm not saying that 2pac were the best,but there are no dude that he hace skill,and it's a leyend.in hip hop game i think don't exist a KING

You know what? I **** on ppl like B.I.G and Tupac.

Watch ur mouth man, that's disrespectful, they're dead, even though I didn't like Biggie, I wouldn't say that about him.

Yo sorry, guys. i just overreacted. sorry!!!!! :cya:

But it makes me angry. just look at the situation of hiphop right now.

Ok, hiphop is spread all over the world, but the half of the world thinks that ppl like B.I.G or pac are the greatest.

And ppl like JJFP don't get the respect they deserve :werd:

JJFP Rocks The House

The truth is many people don't know what's here until it's gone, if 2Pac was still living he wouldn't have as much recognition as he does in his death, and that's a damn shame, but that's reality, when all the hip-hop pioneers pass on, then they'll get their recognition too, it's a messed up world for sure. :ditto: I wish that both 2Pac and Biggie were still alive and squashed the beef to move hip-hop forward, I wouldn't wish death on any rappers I don't like, that was a black eye on hip-hop's image for sure and I don't think we've recovered from that.

I don't think people really appricated 2Pac after his passing. There were Hip-Hop heads who went out and supported him, but mostly commerical music/mainstream fans went out and got his stuff. Me Against The World (his best album) did well when it waz fresh, but it didn't go as far as he wanted. When he passed, Hip-Hop heads who slept on it and bought it, which sky rocked Me Against The World's sales after it has been off the charts for months. Most of the people who made his sales high from that point on just got in2 him cuz of his murder. I'm not saying those people can't be genuin fans, but if u weren't following him while he waz alive, u have no idea what the man waz really like. And all those post-death albums are doctored remixed hodge-podges with not true album concept...u can't get out of them what u could on his real albums. 2Pac is easly the most misunderstood emcee ever. Love him or hate him, most people don't know anything about the man.

Back on topic tho'....Jeff loves Biggie's music, he plays it in alot of his sets and has called him out as one of his favorite rappers. FP on the other hand have give 2Pac props numerous times in interviews. They were also friends.

I think 2Pac only sold 2 million albums before he 1st got shot, that says it all right there. :ditto: And Biggie only sold 2 million wit "Ready To Die" but when "Life After Was Released" a lil' while after he was murdered, it sold 10 million. I think Biggie an aight mc, not legendary though like most think, a lot of his stuff's more bearable to listen to than most pop mcs out now, I thought "Juicy" was such a great song, he gave props to a lot of ol' school hip-hop legends on that track.