JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

KRS, Rakim ...Co writer?

DefCEM

No way!! Those guys are considered the best lyristists 4 all the right reasons. Sometimes producers and people u collaborate toss in some input...it's called creating. But those guys don't use ghostwriters or co-writers. Check their style, while it evolved, it has always been all them. People on the internet make stuff up all the time. All it takes is one person 2 make up something like "KRS-One has ghostwriters" on a message board or chat room...and some fools spread that stuff. Next thing u know, it's all over the place.

Hmm ok, ... shame on Will :mad8: :nono:

how can he use ghostwriters, ha "the modern rakim" or how some guys called him here? it makes me so angry!!! :mad8:

Sorry for that hard comment... but thats a reason why many ppl are hating Will so much and not aking him serouis as an MC/Rapper.

Hmm ok, ... shame on Will :mad8: :nono:

how can he use ghostwriters, ha "the modern rakim" or how some guys called him here? it makes me so angry!!! :mad8:

Sorry for that hard comment... but thats a reason why many ppl are hating Will so much and not aking him serouis as an MC/Rapper.

Will has already shown that he can put together lyrics together with Jazzy Jeff back at the old days, and sometimes when you want to take another step and bring the lyrics into the future, u might need a little help at the beginning.

FP doesn't use ghostwriters either, whoever said that FP used ghostwriters is bull****, it's the same situation with him as it is with Rakim and KRS-ONE, their recent albums have more names than themselves on it, but they're the names of the peeps on their production teams, it's called credit, just buy one of their recent albums and you'll see it for yourself, back in the days publishing wasn't an issue like FP said on "Uuhhh". I thought we were done talking about this, why are you trippin' over it so much? :confused3:

Edited by bigted

But its known that Will gave credits for Nas for writing a few lines of Yes Yes Yall and Gettin Jiggy...

And what about Skillz? he said that he wrote on Wills new Album. man im just feeling kinda sad about it, its so close until the new album comes out, and i just think of all the ghostwriters they might wrote some stuff. its possible that Will didnt even wrote Mr Nice guy all himself or Why :sad6:

And ppl are hating him on that fact that he used ghostwriter. i thought that he just used one or two ghostwriter on Big Willy Style... I mean an real MC isnt an MC who doesn't write his own lyrics, thats really wack. And Will wants to get back the respect back from the 80s?

On the one side i'm happy that theres a new JJFP Album but on the other side the stuff about the co writers :sad6:

JJFP Rock The House

btw, are there any other great and good MCs who used ghostwriter?

But its known that Will gave credits for Nas for writing a few lines of Yes Yes Yall and Gettin Jiggy...

And what about Skillz? he said that he wrote on Wills new Album. man im just feeling kinda sad about it, its so close until the new album comes out, and i just think of all the ghostwriters they might wrote some stuff. its possible that Will didnt even wrote Mr Nice guy all himself or Why :sad6:

And ppl are hating him on that fact that he used ghostwriter. i thought that he just used one or two ghostwriter on Big Willy Style... I mean an real MC isnt an MC who doesn't write his own lyrics, thats really wack. And Will wants to get back the respect back from the 80s?

On the one side i'm happy that theres a new JJFP Album but on the other side the stuff about the co writers :sad6:

JJFP Rock The House

btw, are there any other great and good MCs who used ghostwriter?

Well I dont think Will has written especially many tracks alone. Im pretty sure that Jeff have had some part in the writing of all JJFP-tracks and when it comes to Big Willie Style im pretty sure that he needed some help to put it all together, because Jeff didnt have a big part in BWS. I dont think its bad that people are helping Will with a few lines on each track as long as it goes along with what Will thinks.

I'm extremely sure that most known MCs have had a little help from their close friends or so, the difference is that Will is giving his ghostwriters some credz.

FP's a smart man and is gonna be the 1st black president of America, those who say he doesn't write any of his lyrics are idiots, end of story, don't believe the hype or fall off! :ali: