JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

R-N-B 4 THE SPRING + SUMMERTIME

I know that that there are some people here who like R-N-B, but don't like alot of the commerical stuff that comes out. Well, here's a list of albums that are guarenteed 2 bring some heat 4 the summertime.

AMERIE - Touch

The album drops 2day. Most of u are familiar with her 2002 album/singles and most people here like her Hitch single "1 Thing." If u get her album at Circuite City this week, it's on sale for $9.99 and u get a bonus DVD.

BOBBY VALENTINO - (self-titled)

This is the guy who sung "Gold Digger" on the Shark Tale soundtrack. He also has his 1st single ("Slow Down" or something like that) blazing up the charts. All i've heard is those 2 songs, but from those 2 track, i expect his album 2 be dope. At Circuit City and Target, they have it on sale for $7.99.

FAITH - The First Lady

This is Faith off Bad Boy (looks like they lost one of their only true talents). The quality of this album is what u would expect from her. Lots of R-N-B/Soul with just a dash of Hip-Hop. This album is VERY good.

MARIAH CAREY - The Emancipation of Mimi

Another blazing album. Everything is on here, commercial R-N-B, Hip-Hop flava'd songs, R-N-B pop ballads, all the stuff u expect from her. This album really impressed me. People call this her big comeback since she debuted at number 1, but her last album Charmbracelet is nearly as dope as this one.

Of course Mario's album came out in the fall. I haven't gotten it yet, but i've heard some of it and it waz ALL GOOD from what i heard.

Also, MARQUES HOUSTON drops his album at the end of May. I'm expecting that 2 be amazing...at least 2 me standards and personal tastes.

So, 4 all u R-N-B starved fans....there some stuff u might wanna check out.

Yeah, since he dosen't have a big single out right now, i waz overlookin' that. his album came out about the same time as Mario's...they both got albums with staying power.

Another album 4 got waz OMARION's. I think his new video/single "Touch" is the weakest track on the album...but the girl in the video makes up 4 that...ha ha. I think the rest of his album is great.

AMERIE's album is really good. Her voice is flawless. The production waz handled mostly by the guy who did her 1st album. However, i waz wanting some straight R-N-B in it's simplest form, like her 1st album. But the tighter production isn't a bad thing, infact, most people probably will love it. She dose have some real nice slower ones ad the end.

BOBBY VALENTINO's album is amazing. If u wanna compare him 2 any one, he's kinda like Ginuwine, 112, and Mario Winans. The production is incredible!!! And the lyrics take u 2 a place not many artists can take u. I can ONLY say good things about this album.

Another album i 4got 2 mention is FRANKIE J's. I honestly didn't think i'd like his album. I thought the production and his vocals would be weak. But since i love "Obsession" and "Suga Suga", the 1st week sale price waz the only inspiration i needed. However, this album is dope. I waz so wrong, the production, lyrics, and Frankie J's vocals are all on point.

Oh yeah, Destiny's Child's new album has been kinda slept on, but it's really good. It's good seeing "Girl" on BET all the time.

Well soon enough I'm get all these albums, I wasn't expecting all this great stuff to come out at once, it definately looks like some good r&b's finally comin' out and doing well for a change, maybe this might the best year for music in a while! :thumb: