JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Ja Rule drops controversial Album as "Loki"

Turntable

That 50 Cent/Ja-Rule stuff is a joke 2 me. It's like watching 2 pre-schoolers fighting on a playground. All these fluffy commerical rappers have short lived careers. Ja-Rule started getting popular in 1998/1999. So it's only natural that this star start 2 fade. 50 Cent has only been big since 2002. In a few years, his hits are gonna slow down or totally disappear...just like Ja-Rule's hits have slowed down. When i look at the bulk of both of their careers, i've only ever like one 50 Cent song...and that waz "Wanksta." After that, i hated him tho'...i never saw such wackness on the horizon...ha ha. Even tho' i think Ja-Rule is garbage, he dose have a few singles that i would hear on the radio and not turn them off.

50 Cent had a lot of street cred when "Wanksta" came out, even legends like KRS were giving him props and sayin' that he was gonna bring hip-hop back to where it needs to be, he shouted 50 out on a song "Underground", "When you're money's spent and you're hanging on to your 50 Cent, get it, you're underground", now I'm sure KRS probably wants to end his career like Nelly, we thought that with Jam Master Jay discovering him he'd be the future of the game ' but it turned out that he doesn't remember anything Jam Master Jay mentored him since gets so high all the time and burned his brain cells, lol, hip-hop heads thought that his album would be like his underground mixtapes but when "Get Rich Or Die Tryin'" dropped we were shocked and realised that he sold out, I bought the album myself thinkin' it'd be a hot album but I played it one or 2 times and buried it in my collection in disgust then gradually gave it away, lol, and he's been known as trash to me ever since! :shrug: I think LL said that on one of his songs about how you leave the streets, there ain't no coming back, I think it was "Back Where I Belong" where Ja Rule was featured on it ironically, lol, 50 lost his cred and his career is about to end soon! :gettinjiggywitit: