JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Some Good Gospel Artists?

Turntable

UI allways loved Soul and R&B but i never real got into Gospel..

I mean i allways thought when i watched Movies like Sister Act that the Muisk is just great but i never realy knew where to find some good Artits!The Sister Act Soundtrack is rotating in my Cd Player but i never realy heard more from that Gospel stuff!

I realy want some Gospel Musik and know I`m wondering if some of you have some Tipps for me!?

Would be realy nice! :1-say-yes:

Edited by Turntable

well i don't know about gospel with rap but my mom listens to a lot of it and she likes Smokie Norful and Donnie McClurkin, i like Smokie Norful's song "I need you now" it's a good one, there's a bunch of them though, Yolanda Adams is a great gospel artist as well and Ruben Studdard also has a song "I need an Angel" it's really nice

well i don't know about gospel with rap but my mom listens to a lot of it and she likes Smokie Norful and Donnie McClurkin, i like Smokie Norful's song "I need you now" it's a good one, there's a bunch of them though, Yolanda Adams is a great gospel artist as well and Ruben Studdard also has a song "I need an Angel" it's really nice

i may check some of these :thumbsup:

btw

Turntable try with Kanye West .He is 1 of best best gospel artists :lolsign: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product_lis...418243%3A418249

Russell Simmons' nephew BB Jay is a gospel rapper(people compare his flow to Biggie's, he's from Brooklyn too), he made an album called "Universal Concussion" back in 2000 and was featured on KRS-ONE's 2002 gospel rap album called "Spirtual Minded", which also features another gospel rapper called T-Bone, Fat Joe and Rampage are featured on the album too but of course they're not a gospel rapper either, lol, there's quite a bit of gospel rappers out there but it's mostly all underground, Kanye West is the most mainstream rapper that could make songs about Jesus but I think a lot of them got as much flow if not more flow than him too.

Edited by bigted

Here's alot of my favs...

Kirk Franklin (+ The Family)

God's Property (Kirk Franklin presents...)

1NC (Kirk Frankline presents One Nation Crew)

Mary Mary

Yolonda Adams

Michelle Williams (of Destiny's Child)

Nicole C. Mullen

Stacie Orrico

Be Be Winans

Ce Ce Winans

Fred Hammond

Anointed

DC Talk

Also check the KINGDOM COME soundtrack (Kirk Franklin, Jill Scott, Mary Mary, Shawn Stockman (of BIIM), Carl Thomas, 1NC...) and THE FIGHTING TEMPTATIONS soundtrack (Desiny's Child, Beyonce, MC Lyte, Missy, Bilal, The O'Jay's)

Thanks but i actual realy ment the Singers..Old Skool Gospel!

Well those are still great albums to check out too, hip-hop with a message, a lot of MC Hammer's songs seem gospel influenced too. But anyways now if you're talkin' classic gospel, Aretha Franklin and Al Green do a lot of gospel songs, you should really check out their stuff if you haven't yet, classic soul music with heart.