JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The Extinct Animals topic

Lerkot

You know very much in this world has happened through the years. The world was created, Jesus was hanging out with his buddies and there were some greece guys inventing cool stuff. But all these things seems very long ago, well; Extinct animals might also seem like something thats from way back in the past. However, thats not true. Its enough going back about 150 years in time to see some animals that is so strange and cool, that we wonder how modern people (like we actually were 1850) allowed them to be extinct. However, in the last 40 years, only 4 animals have been extincted while under 1900-1960, 60 animals were extincted and that might show us that we have become better at saving the animals. However, this is thing we've already "destroyed":

tarpan-livephoto.jpg

Now this is a Tarpan. It looks like some regular horse, but no, this is a Tarpan and that animal was extinct in 1860s and thats when this photo is from. The animal pretty much looked like a horse but had a longer.. head.

quaggalondon.gif

This is a quagga. It does not look like a regular horse, nor a zebra. It looks like both, which is really cute. This poor little animal has been dead since 1883 but theres mayor projects going on to actually bring new life to the animal. Its really sick and they are mixing with genes and stuff and they have gotten REALLY far. Now look here:

p><p> <!--url{0}-->

Do you see the damn horse kid? The Quagga Project organisation says like this on their homepage:

"On 20 January 2005 the most quagga-like foal was born in our selective breeding programme. The striped area of its body is not only much reduced, but the body stripes themselves are considerably narrower and fainter than usual, more so than in some of the museum specimens of the former quagga population. However, there are some stripe remnants on the hocks. Such remnants are not present on the museum specimens."

A bit scary in a way and if they success fully, we will get to see a lot of animals coming back from the dead in the next decades...

caspia2.jpg

This is a tiger who died - well, no one really knows. Different sources say different things, the animal could still be alive actually, tho its not that likely.

tasman1.jpg

The Tasmanian Tiger had a really cool look. The animal died on the Australian mainland and on New Guinea due to the competition of the dingo. However there is a small hope that the animal still is alive in Tasmania but thats really a small hope since the animal is considered extinct since 1919 or something like that, even tho its pretty likely that the last animals died in the 30s. People are trying to bring the animal back to life but the Australian government doesnt really want to.

image004.jpg

Great Auk was an animal mainly living on Iceland. It really really looks hot and unlike todays penguins, it actually looks alot like a bird. This animal was extinct in 1844. Why? The people wanted feathers in their hats.

Well actually some animals we thought were dead actually turned up to be alive!

11_tinostoma_smaragditis_mandy_heddle.jp

Yeah! They thought this animal was extinct, but it wasnt. Im gonna celebrate all day. I dont want it in my home.

06323330_b003.jpg

Will Smiths rap career.. yeah, what the...? Generally thought to be extinct even tho a few people reported seeings, we know now that most people were wrong. Will Smith is back.

Oh we got an honoray mention;

web-moa.JPG

This guy was killed already in 1500s, but if he was alive, he'd like to eat you. And your family. Im sorry to say it but thats just the truth.

web-moa.JPG

This guy was killed already in 1500s, but if he was alive, he'd like to eat you. And your family. Im sorry to say it but thats just the truth.

If he would still be alive and he would try to eat me i would let him remeber that he`s just a big chiken!

I would kick his ass and than i would fry him and than i would eat him in my Burger!:chuks:

Who`s bad now? :lolsign:

web-moa.JPG

If he would still be alive and he would try to eat me i would let him remeber that he`s just a big chiken!

I would kick his ass and than i would fry him and than i would eat him in my Burger!:chuks:

I'd like to see you fit a chicken that big inside a burger! :lolsign: You are one crazy kid...

web-moa.JPG

I'd like to see you fit a chicken that big inside a burger! :lolsign: You are one crazy kid...

If it's eatable..I eat it!

No matter how big :lolsign: