JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

LL Cool J vs. Canibus

Turntable

Here's my take on the battle, technically the 1st track of the LL vs. Canibus battle was LL Cool J's "4,3,2,1" that he featured Canibus on as well as DMX, Redman, and Method Man, Canibus dissed LL on the verse he did after LL told him that he shouldn't get the same mic tatoo on his arm that LL had 'cause he didn't earn it yet and Canibus took that as a diss, they started to fight in the studio, LL wanted to take Canibus off the song after that but they decided to record their verses on seperate times and when Canibus dissed LL on his verse LL dedicated his verse towards Canibus which is arguably one of the best verses of his career, then Canibus did "2nd Round KO", and LL did "Ripper Strikes Back", later on LL also did "Back Where I Belong" on his "G.O.A.T." album of course which put the nail in the coffin on Canibus' career.

I don't really like Canibus, so i can't list all the songs he did. I hate this topic cuz me and Brakes always bump heads...ha ha. I ride hard 4 LL and he rides for Canibus.

Anways, here we go.

LL COOL J feat. Method Man, Redman, DMX, Canibus "4,3,2,1"

Off LL's 1997 album Phenomenon. LL believed that Canibus' verse waz aimed towards him, so he re-wrote and re-recorded his 1st back at Canibus.

CANIBUS "2nd Round K.O."

Canibus put this song out on a comiplation album retaliating against LL. There waz also a video.

LL COOL J "The Ripper Strikes Back"

LL released this song 2 radio (it later popped up on a limited edition version of DMX's 1st album). 2 me, this song is right up there with "Hit 'Em Up" as the most agressive battle track ever. He also attacks Mike Tyson and Wyclef 4 apparing on the track and in the music video for "2nd Round K.O."

WYCLEF "What's Clef (Got To Do With It)"

This waz Wyclef asking how he got involved in the feud and dissing LL. This track showed up on his "Cheated (To All The Girls) CD single. His lyrics and production just aren't what u'd expect from Wyclef. This came out in 1998.

LL COOL J "Rasta Impasta"

I don't know where LL put this track out on. It basically disses Wyclef 4 asking how he got involved since he waz all in the video and the main man behind Canibus' commerical career.

WYCLEF "Tony Touch Freestyle"

This freestyle waz kinda wack in my opinion...tho' Wyclef is one of the best freestylers i've ever heard. My brother picked up this 2disc Tony Touch underground mixtape. I don't think this freestyle is that easy 2 get a whole of. It came out in 1999.

LL COOL J "Back Where I Belong"

The song is more about LL getting real gritty and street again with his G.O.A.T. album. But alot of the song disses Canibus.

Did Canibus make any songs to diss LL other than "2nd Round KO"? I'm not really a follower of Canibus' career so I wouldn't really know, I heard a few tracks from him, he doesn't really impress me that much.

I never heard about that Canibus song, I really do believe that Wyclef gave Canibus his left over beats 'cause I know he's a better producer than the tracks I heard him produce for Canibus, I heard "What's Clef"(Got To Do Wit It) that's like the worst song Wyclef has ever done, the Canibus verse was the worst verse on "4,3,2,1" song, LL should've took him off the song in the 1st place, the verse LL spits on there has better punchlines than I ever heard from Canibus 'cause LL speaks the truth, if LL took Canibus off the song we would've never heard of Canibus' career, LL started and ended his career, basically every rapper that LL battled is irrelevant now, including Wyclef and I think he's a dope mc too but LL's recent albums are even better than his too, it boggles my mind that people still wanna diss LL even after all the competition he slayed, he's haters' favorite rapper's favorite rapper, Canibus probably grew up listening to him too.

Aj is pretty much right!

During the 4,3,2,1 era there was a recorded phone call with LL and Canibus in which they were discussing the verse. In my opinion LL was being a bit of an idiot and blowing stuff out of proportion!

Canibus did put out another diss towards LL called 'Rip The Jacker' He basically used LL's 'I'm bad' beat and dissed him for 5 verses! Pretty hot I must say! So the order goes (just for Canibus and LL):

LL COOL J feat. Method Man, Redman, DMX, Canibus "4,3,2,1"/Phone conversation between the two

CANIBUS "2nd Round K.O."

CANIBUS "Rip The Jacker"

Throughout Canibus' career and albums there have been various songs in which he disses LL and makes comments towards the whole beef, but this really wouldn't be considered a diss track!

I could go on about the whole LL vs Canibus thing and why I thing Canibus had the better diss tracks but thats just long!! :damnyou:

I found the lyrics to LL's Rasta Imposter" song on ohhla.com, I really'd like to hear this one:

Intro:

What you got to do with it? What the f*** you talkin about?

What the f*** you got to do with it? You stupid nigga? You stupid?

Did you see that video, nigga? F*** wrong with you? Like you don't,

you don't know what you go to do with it. Like your f***n insane or

something. (You f****n wack ass nigga)

(laughing in background)

[Verse One]

Y'all faggots is weak, y'all starstruck niggas think s*** is sweet

That busy signal bulls*** is dead up in the street

Heard that garbage dough jam, made me reminisce

On when heard your man's wack s*** and went to take up his

Jealous faggot man cause I'm richer than y'all

When I load my desertees, I'm picturin y'all

On the streets of Queens where I was raised and born, hardcore

And stood on every corner like a liquor store

Clips full of hollowtips, follow loose lips

Aimin at your clique and make em cough up my chips

B****, ya niggas wanna see if I'm ill?

Wanna see how many rappers can be killed, how much blood can spill?

When I inject this lyrical drill, if I can't do it, the dumb-dumbs will

Tell that nigga to tell his man to tell that nigga

I send the wolves to kill that nigga

If you wanna know why, its cause I'm still that nigga

Michael Jordan of all this rap s***, pullin the trigger

What the f***? You on a mission to self-destruct

And have the nerve to let the chickenhead model cluck

Your swervin nigga, better follow the white lines

Your up on the sidewalk, off course, read the sign

I'm so ill, y'all niggas is so wack

Your whole crew is such, y'all lack the hard impact

Far as your man go, I got young niggas that wanna get him

Treat him like a Philly, wet'im and split'im

Chorus

L.L. don't lose niggas, we can do it however you choose nigga

One on one or round up the crews nigga

But Can-I-Blast you out your shoes nigga

You know the rules nigga!

*repeat*

[Verse Two]

Queens s***, give me cream so I can grab my d***

Sew that s***, what the f*** y'all niggas workin with?

Backwards, ass-jerk, jumpin up out the woodwork

Ridin my meat, tryin to critique my physique

A real nigga wouldn't even mention my lips

Can't believe you went there, no I know you a b****

Sugar-coated nigga, deep-throated nigga

Young guns take a pull before they quote a nigga

Yeah, I wrote it nigga for all my real live devoted niggas

I'm a true and livin lyrically ill poet nigga

So what you talkin bout? That s***s supposed to be hot?

Y'all niggas on the warpath, y'all takin over my block?

I think not, matter of fact your not aloud to rap no more

And if you hear this in the club sneak out the backdoor

And if you bumpin in your ride make sure your windows is up

and your tint's passed the limit

So they don't know a faggot's in it!

I'm L.L. and I did this to you

Teflon waitin for every nigga runnin with you

Rhymes hit you, lace you up again and split you

Niggas ain't official thats why Mom Dukes miss you

Tell your man bring it on, I'm only gettin warm

Never die, never quit, and my money's long

Punk ass crab nigga, talkin bout his lips

Constantly involvin my name with that bulls***!

Why I diss you? You stepped up in the ring

Ice jinglin in the video like you the next Don King

And tell your man I know he got some lyrics in the stash

But I'm the best that ever did it, now get this motherf****n ass

Mic's too hot to hold, leave it in the sand

So I can describe the picture with both hands

You must not understand who's in command

I got all the flavor, but y'all niggas is mad bland

Chorus

[Verse Three]

I'll cut your f****n head off and leave it on your mom's dresser

Then pay the pope a hundred thou to go and bless her

You wanna test a lyrical teacher and professor?

I bet y'all niggas fall off now that your under pressure

I don't stress ya, yet still I must check ya

Extort niggas for gettin f****d up, stop and inspect ya

F*** wrong with you nigga? You can't do nothin to me

If I put a slug in you on the low, you'd probably try to sue me

Your girl blew me, I said "Now!" She said "Do me"

Bust a nut in her face on tape to let the crew see

Can't put dirt roll, nigga poppin s***

Underestimantin what Queens niggas'll do for chips

I originated all this s***

The ice, the champagne, the b****s on the d***

That really don't apply to you crabs in a barrel

Mic's my staff sendin you a message like Pharaoh

Leave it alone or get swallowed in the sea

The King of Hiphop is something you could never be

My crown you'll never see, I'll rule forever, G

I'll be goin platinum when you just a memory

I'm the double L, capital C, double O

With the seven upside down jakes slayin the clown

What the f*** wrong wit y'all niggas? You out your mind nigga?

You better try to go beg Lauryn to come back or something

F*** wrong with you?

Chorus"

Aj is pretty much right!

During the 4,3,2,1 era there was a recorded phone call with LL and Canibus in which they were discussing the verse. In my opinion LL was being a bit of an idiot and blowing stuff out of proportion!

Canibus did put out another diss towards LL called 'Rip The Jacker' He basically used LL's 'I'm bad' beat and dissed him for 5 verses! Pretty hot I must say! So the order goes (just for Canibus and LL):

LL COOL J feat. Method Man, Redman, DMX, Canibus "4,3,2,1"/Phone conversation between the two

CANIBUS "2nd Round K.O."

CANIBUS "Rip The Jacker"

Throughout Canibus' career and albums there have been various songs in which he disses LL and makes comments towards the whole beef, but this really wouldn't be considered a diss track!

I could go on about the whole LL vs Canibus thing and why I thing Canibus had the better diss tracks but thats just long!! :damnyou:

Canibus' still dissin' LL after all these years? Well I guess he realises that's the only way he'll get fame seein' that LL's still on top, he's probably waiting for LL to answer him back again, he's just a jealous punk, Eminem'll probably diss FP again too when his next album flops and then cry about it forever knowin' that FP'll keep on making 20 mil and walking past E, that's why they should just be waved off, these selfish bastards should learn to bow down to the masters. LL didn't even have to put Canibus on "4,3,2,1" if he didn't want to in the first place, Canibus should be thankin' LL for his 15 minutes of fame, not diss him 'cause that's the only thing people remember him for. I think FP and LL should just get together and do a track to knock all these rappers that don't respect them out of the game permantely.

"Rasta Impasta"'s lyrics are funny...however, the problem with the song is that they use the instrumental to Jay-Z + Foxy Brown's "Ain't No N!**@" instreumental. That just isn't the kinda beat u put under a battle track. I have considered putting the track up. My slow computer might blow up if i'll try...we'll see.

Aj is pretty much right!

CANIBUS "2nd Round K.O."

CANIBUS "Rip The Jacker"

Canibus should be thankin' LL for his 15 minutes of fame, not diss him 'cause that's the only thing people remember him for.

That`s true tho!

Oh and thanks Brakes!I`m gonna chek them out..

Canibus dissin' LL is just as ignorant as it'd be if Kel Spencer dissed FP, you don't bite the hand that's feeding you, Canibus was given the opportunity to be heard by millions since he was unknown before LL put him on the song, he has no heart and he couldn't check a mic for LL or anybody on that "4,3,2,1" song, it's all jealousy on his part 'cause like LL said on "The Ripper Strikes Back" which is true: "Don't hate me cause I'm paid, hate me because I'm everything you want to be : handsome, young, plus legendary"! Mike Tyson's a punk too for being in Canibus' "2nd Round KO" video, LL gave him props back in the days in "I'm Bad", well Tyson's broke now so he'll be beggin' to be LL's next video, "Last week my video dropped and you was sick" :lolsign: :word: btw, "Ain't No Nigga"'s instrumental is actually sampled from one of EPMD's old songs that they did a battle rhyme over it, so technically LL jacked EPMD, I wouldn't have mind if Eric Sermon was on "4,3,2,1" instead of Canibus, actually I wouldn't mind if even Jay-Z was on it 'cause he was really dope back then. btw, I found the audio for "Rip The Jacker" if you wanna check it out for yourself, I downloaded it before but I didn't remember about it for a minute, he acutally just flips LL's lyrics from "I'm Bad" most of the time which was the same length, LL should sue him over this, anybody could write a song usin' the same rhymes from a song they heard, lol:

http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/audio/detail.asp?ID=6230

Edited by bigted

interesting quote from Canibus' bio on Allmusic:

Canibus soon found himself returning to the underground circuit from which he came. He interestingly sought to battle his way back into the spotlight as he originally had, ultimately confronting Eminem of all rappers. The tactic proved fruitless, though, and alienated Canibus even further from the mass market. Even so, he retained a cultish following and continued to release albums independently of the majors, occasionally firing off more of the battle raps he remains most known for.

Ted! Chill! Canibus hasn't mentioned LL in a song for years! You need to look into it properly before you go off on one!

Canibus never dissed LL to begin with! He never started this whole beef thing!

Canibus' original verse on 4321 had to be changed coz LL thought he was dissing him! Tell me know does this sound like a diss?

"Yo Meth where the Gods at?

Red where the dogs at?

L is that a mic on your arm? Let me borrow that"

Now who in there right mind would think that this a diss! Canibus was just simply paying homage to LL! Anyways LL wrote his verse dissing Canibus and then they both had a phone convosation discussing the song. they both agreed that they would change their verses on the song. Canibus did but LL didn't and made Canibus look like an idiot! I thought LL was out of order for doing that! and then it just escalated from there? Canibus never started this and never had the intention to! I love LL's music as much as I love Canibus' but I think Bis hit the nail on the head when he said:

"So I'm a let the world know the truth, you don't want me to shine/

You studied my rhyme, then you laid your vocals after mine/

Thats a b!tch move....."