JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

NEVER BEFORE SCENE: I, ROBOT

This half hour show put 2gether by MTV is definitly worth checking out. It opens up with their gorgous Asian VJ hosting in front of a live audience. There is video footage of Will talking about the movie and introducing the the 10 minutes worth of the movie that they are gonna show. After it's aired (which looks great), the VJ looks in2 the audience 4 ?uestions about the movie...she points 2 the back and as someone 2 standa and ask their ?uestion...right then, the "Freakin' It" instrumental comes on and the Fresh Prince comes running thru' the audience 2 join the VH on stage. He waz wearing street boots, slightly baggy jeans, a tight black shirt, and shades. He hair waz also super short, making him almost bald and he started growing his facial hair back. Will answer ?uestions and joked as he always dose. B4 a commerical break, it showed him going thru' the audience giveing love 2 as many people as he could. During one of the montages of movie scenes, they shortly play "Da Butta" over it.

Check it out!! In my post about promotion, u can see what times MTV plans on airing it.

• Admin
Will Smith, joined by MTV VJ Vanessa, recently surprised the audience at the premiere of MTV's "Never Before Scene" with an impromptu Q&A session.

Q: I have to ask, if you had your own robot, what would you have it do?

Will Smith: [He laughs.] Well, first I would have it lay down ... [He laughs again.] What's great about the robots is they are called learning robots, the NS5. They learn about you, they learn what your needs are, when you eat, it never forgets people's birthdays, anniversaries. The robot for me would be a perfect assistant.

Vanessa: Assistant or girlfriend?

Smith: Well, you can assist in many things!

Q: In the movie, you said a hologram called you after the doctor's death. What does that mean?

Smith: We now have e-mail; in the future, we have h-mail. Holographic mail — essentially, a person will be able to leave their house and send a message. You stand in front of it and say, "Hey, Will, I love you. I'll be there in a minute." So when I get to my house, I have a message, and your hologram will come saying, "Hey, Will, I love you." The big difference is you can program your hologram to respond to certain questions, like, "Where are you going?" And it will say, "I'm sorry, I don't have that information," or it will trigger the hologram to say "I'm going down to the beach, Meg and I are going to have a ball."

Vanessa: So it has to know ahead of time to give a happy or angry response.

Smith: Absolutely, you program its h-mail.

Q: Why are you scared of the robots if they are designed to help humans?

Smith: Well, my character in the film had a bad experience with one of the robots. Essentially, the three laws of robotics make robotics 100 percent safe, and my character is the only person in the world that doesn't trust the robots. There is just something he can't figure out, and as the movie expands we find out there is a glitch in the robotic logic.

Vanessa: So [your character] went with [his] gut.

Smith: Yeah, I just went with my gut.

Vanessa: You learned from your mistakes.

Smith: No, I learn from other people's mistakes.

Q: Did you do all the stunts yourself or did you have a stuntman?

Smith: Well, I definitely have a stuntman. What you do is, say the stunt is [that] I have to jump off the stage. What I do is run and yell, then it is "Cut!" — and the stuntman does the jump. In the movie, you see me run and yell, then the stuntman does the jump because I have to protect my body.

Vanessa: The acting up until the jump is the hardest part.

Smith: Yeah, 'cause I have to run and yell. All he has to do is jump. I can do that, but my mind is occupied with the yell.

& more here

[url="http://www.mtv.com/shared/movies/interviews/i/i_robot_first_look/index.jhtml"]http://www.mtv.com/shared/movies/interview...ook/index.jhtml[/url]

I saw that show last night, ahh man I can't wait to go see it. It's gonna be the first Will Smith movie that I'll actually watch the whole thing instead of bits and pieces. :werd:

Plus what will make it even great is that my girlfriend will be with me! Ahh yeah FP on the screen and my girl next to me, hell yeah. :dancingcool:

Guest Prince
[quote=DevilsJim89,Jul 14 2004, 01:42 AM]Plus what will make it even great is that my girlfriend will be with me! Ahh yeah FP on the screen and my girl next to me, hell yeah. :dancingcool:[/quote]
Jim man... Be sure to cover her eyes where WS is... You know... haha