JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

video cameras that can hook into a computer

sonic1988

i can't recommend anything to you but i can speculate. and what i speculate is that the majority of camcorders have USB ports on them because USB devices are very very common these days. i'd say it shouldn't be that hard to find a USB camcorder and that you should find a nice looking camcorder that meets your needs, then worry about the USB capability, cuz chances are that most of them have it.

Dude, You need to get yourself a firewire port. Full quality video streams to fast for USB and therefore you can't capture and edit on most PC's

Nearly all Digital camcorders come with a DVOut port with you hook up a Firewire to and edit through that.

As for a camera, start off cheap but go for a Mini-DV one, its the best standard format to use, and picture quality is great. Don't worry too much about buying expensive ones at this point cos the budget ones do a great job none the less and usually come with good features anyway.

Look at the £200- £300 range about $250 -$400

Dude, You need to get yourself a firewire port. Full quality video streams to fast for USB and therefore you can't capture and edit on most PC's

Nearly all Digital camcorders come with a DVOut port with you hook up a Firewire to and edit through that.

yeah, my video camera has a firewire hook up. i assumed that since my camcorder was old, so was the firewire technology and that most newer cameras would come with USB ports, but u explained it pretty well that USB isn't capable of handling video streams

Depends what kind of quality you're going for and what you want to do with it. The camera I use at the moment (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002RSP5S/sr=8-1/qid=1143415155/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-7184432-2930450?%5Fencoding=UTF8) is pretty good for just general messing around with, but as with most things, the more the pay, the better quality you get.

Pretty much all videos cameras nowadays you will be able to hook up to a computer fairly easily... I'd go for a reliable brand name also, that's where I cocked up with my first camera...

Alot of camcorders come with USB ports now but usually are just used for transferring photos off of it. Make sure you buy one that says USB Streaming on it. Shop around