JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

BLACK EYED PEAS - RENEGOTIATIONS: THE REMIXES

I just gotta say i waz more than pleased with this EP. I've been a fan of BEP since 1998. They are just a totally creative and positive group that have never tryed 2 be something they aren't. While i waz taken back for a minute when they dropped Elephunk, i still love them 2 death. Well, for those of u who don't like the way they altered their style back in 2003...this EP takes it a few steps closer 2 their original style. This album is dope...hands down. Check this...

LIKE THAT - This is on their album Monkey Business. It's just a crazy upbeat joint with a dash of jazz. Not 2 mention all the talent that joins BEP on this one...Q-Tip, Talib Kwelie, John Legend, and Cee-Lo. Unfortunatly the video 4 this one didn't blow up like their others. U can check the video on my myspace profile (i've started adding the crew from this board back on as my friends again).

BA BUMP (ERICK SERMON REMIX) - Erick Sermon does what he dose the best on the boards...he brings the funk. This remix takes the BEP's back 2 where they came from. They just ride this beat 2 death...Erick Sermon shows up on the track as well, tho' he doesn't really drop a rhyme. I dare u not 2 nod your head 2 this.

MY STYLE (DJ PREMIER REMIX) - I'm surprised DJ Premier desided 2 remix this joint out of all the trax they did 4 the current album. Premo takes this track back down 2 earth with a retro kinda feel and the synths. I waz surprised that it didn't sound like your typical Premo stuff tho.' BEP again feel right at home on this joint.

THEY DON'T WANT MUSIC (PETE ROCK REMIX) - I definitly like this one better than the album version. While the sound doesn't exactly have Pete Rock written all over it, Pete takes this song 2 the next level. I fills the sound out and makes it thicker. Just dope.

FEEL IT (JAZZY JEFF SOULFUL REMIX) - Man, i loved this joint already. It waz definitly in my top 4 trax off Monkey Business...and it's dope that Jeff re-did this one. He starts it off with an old school feel, then smooths it out a bit. It's not R-N-Bish at all...straight Hip-Hop. He scratches on the trax and plays with the vocals a lil' bit. I can't say enough good things about this one. This makes me wonder if A Touch of Jazz really exists as a production company anymore since it's credited as "Remixed by Jeff Towns for J Town Music." "George Glass" mixed it...ha ha. And DJ Jazzy Jeff scratches on it (how many names does Jeff have?!?). Another thing, i know Jeff relocated 2 Delaware, but it says it waz recorded at "Jeff's Joint." Dose ATOJ exist AT ALL??

AUDIO DELITE - This track shows up on Monkey Business also. I like it, but it's not a stand out fav in my opinion. It fits in with the rest of the trax on this album tho.'

DISCO CLUB (LARGE PRO PEAS REMIX) - This song has alot more energy with this remix. I don't think it's as good as the rest...but a good remix none the less. I'm not sure it waz the best song 2 remix in the 1st place.

All in all, if u like BEP or creative, positive Hip-Hop...check the album. At $6.99, u can't go wrong. BEP are one of Hip-Hop stand-out acts...and with DJ Jazzy Jeff, Pete Rock, Erick Sermon, and Large Professor on the boards, how can u pass it up. This album shines right now and would do the same in the 90's since it avoids all the current trends.

Just listened to the JJFP remix of 'Feel It' and its amazing! Jeff is so talented! Will NEEDS to get in the studio with Jeff and do a whole album! Its so frustrating! I can just imagine will spitting over this beat!

Yeah I wonder if its Jeff or if its Will that dont know the answer to 1+1.

I just gotta say i waz more than pleased with this EP. I've been a fan of BEP since 1998. They are just a totally creative and positive group that have never tryed 2 be something they aren't. While i waz taken back for a minute when they dropped Elephunk, i still love them 2 death. Well, for those of u who don't like the way they altered their style back in 2003...this EP takes it a few steps closer 2 their original style. This album is dope...hands down. Check this...

LIKE THAT - This is on their album Monkey Business. It's just a crazy upbeat joint with a dash of jazz. Not 2 mention all the talent that joins BEP on this one...Q-Tip, Talib Kwelie, John Legend, and Cee-Lo. Unfortunatly the video 4 this one didn't blow up like their others. U can check the video on my myspace profile (i've started adding the crew from this board back on as my friends again).

BA BUMP (ERICK SERMON REMIX) - Erick Sermon does what he dose the best on the boards...he brings the funk. This remix takes the BEP's back 2 where they came from. They just ride this beat 2 death...Erick Sermon shows up on the track as well, tho' he doesn't really drop a rhyme. I dare u not 2 nod your head 2 this.

MY STYLE (DJ PREMIER REMIX) - I'm surprised DJ Premier desided 2 remix this joint out of all the trax they did 4 the current album. Premo takes this track back down 2 earth with a retro kinda feel and the synths. I waz surprised that it didn't sound like your typical Premo stuff tho.' BEP again feel right at home on this joint.

THEY DON'T WANT MUSIC (PETE ROCK REMIX) - I definitly like this one better than the album version. While the sound doesn't exactly have Pete Rock written all over it, Pete takes this song 2 the next level. I fills the sound out and makes it thicker. Just dope.

FEEL IT (JAZZY JEFF SOULFUL REMIX) - Man, i loved this joint already. It waz definitly in my top 4 trax off Monkey Business...and it's dope that Jeff re-did this one. He starts it off with an old school feel, then smooths it out a bit. It's not R-N-Bish at all...straight Hip-Hop. He scratches on the trax and plays with the vocals a lil' bit. I can't say enough good things about this one. This makes me wonder if A Touch of Jazz really exists as a production company anymore since it's credited as "Remixed by Jeff Towns for J Town Music." "George Glass" mixed it...ha ha. And DJ Jazzy Jeff scratches on it (how many names does Jeff have?!?). Another thing, i know Jeff relocated 2 Delaware, but it says it waz recorded at "Jeff's Joint." Dose ATOJ exist AT ALL??

AUDIO DELITE - This track shows up on Monkey Business also. I like it, but it's not a stand out fav in my opinion. It fits in with the rest of the trax on this album tho.'

DISCO CLUB (LARGE PRO PEAS REMIX) - This song has alot more energy with this remix. I don't think it's as good as the rest...but a good remix none the less. I'm not sure it waz the best song 2 remix in the 1st place.

All in all, if u like BEP or creative, positive Hip-Hop...check the album. At $6.99, u can't go wrong. BEP are one of Hip-Hop stand-out acts...and with DJ Jazzy Jeff, Pete Rock, Erick Sermon, and Large Professor on the boards, how can u pass it up. This album shines right now and would do the same in the 90's since it avoids all the current trends.

I think its worth it, specially at that price... but, i dont understand why its sooo cheap. not that im complaining tho. Someone told me in Philly that ATOJ was in New Jersey, and someone else said it is in Jeff's house..so i dunno since he lives in Delaware...

peace,

cookie