JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

VERY BEST OF

• Admin

its just the "platinum n gold" album rereleased around the world.. under a new name

Are you sure about that Tim? Because this time Jive is releasing it!! :stickpoke:

well bmg owns jive..well actually bmg jive sony are all the 1 record company anyway..so yeah platinum & gold was only released in america.. this new 1 is being released in all countries..australia included.. tracklisting is exactly the same..same cover except new border

hold up.. im gettin confused.. "collections" is the platinum n gold being re-released around the world.. "very best of dj jazzy jeff & fresh prince" is a new release from jive in America in June...

The Very Best Of D.J. Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince

Release Date: June 06, 2006

CD Album

Topping the charts throughout the '80s and '90s with such hits as "Parents Just Don't Understand," "A Nightmare On My Street," and the anthemic "Summertime," Jeff Townes (aka, D.J. Jazzy Jeff) and Will Smith (aka, The Fresh Prince) brought rap music to pop audiences worldwide. Formed in 1986 in Philadelphia while performing at a house party, D.J. Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince served as the launching pad for two major music careers. Renowned for his turntable skills as spotlighted on tracks such as "The Magnificent Jazzy Jeff" and "Brand New Funk," D.J. Jazzy Jeff is internationally acknowledged as a significant figure in the art of turntablism. Today, he plays a major role in nurturing the Neo-Soul movement coming out of Philadelphia. The rapper of the group, Will Smith, needs little introduction as he rose throughout the '80s and '90s to become one of America's biggest stars of film, music and television. Together, as D.J. Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince, they created some of the most memorable hits of their day and, individually, continue to woo fans worldwide.

Track listing for CD Album

1 Girls Ain't Nothing But Trouble (radio)

3 The Magnificent Jazzy Jeff (single edit)

4 A Touch Of Jazz

7 Parents Just Don't Understand

8 A Nightmare On My Street

9 Brand New Funk

11 I Think I Can Beat Mike Tyson (Radio Mix)

12 The Groove (Jazzy's Groove)

13 Summertime (Single Edit)

15 Ring My Bell (Mr. Lee Radio Mix)

16 The Things That U Do (Hula Radio Remix)

17 Boom! Shake The Room

19 I'm Looking For The One (To Be With Me)

21 I Wanna Rock (Radio Edit)

http://www.legacyrecordings.com/site_artis...duct_39779.html

thats not a bad tracklisting..

wow this is so weird...yesterday i was in bed listening to JJ+FP before i went to sleep and I was thinkin bout how Jive could release another compilation CD since they did it after every Will Smith album. And wow look what happens. This is gonna be a hot disc. I can sense it. #21 Tracks? WHOA! That tracklisting right there covers all the singles and hits pretty much which means theres room for more tracks considering tracks are missing from the tracklisting above!

Wow i have such good feelings now about this. And every track will most likely be remasted and I can finally have "Jazzys Groove" remastered.

Can't wait!

That's better than the JJFP Greatest Hits album that was released in '98, they're actually all JJFP tracks, I'm gonna check into this! :wiggle:

• Admin

how good does this sound...

The Music

Each and every gem you'll find proudly bearing the Legacy name has been mined from the massive archive of recordings housed in the Columbia, Epic and associated labels' vaults, including Philadelphia International, OKeh, ARC, Vocalion, and Brunswick, as well as such acquired imprints CTI, Ode and more.

We at Legacy take great pride in every title we release. Each selection, from a reissue of a classic album to an extensive career retrospective, is given the high quality treatment worthy of the Legacy name. We are privileged to work with award-winning and critically-acclaimed producers and musicologists who work tirelessly to discover previously unreleased music, insuring as complete and compelling a package as possible. By combining state-of-the-art remastering technology with comprehensive liner notes, track information and rare and historic photos, the Legacy name and moniker have become synonymous with musical excellence. Our work is recognized by critics and fans alike as top notch.

http://www.legacyrecordings.com/history/index.html