JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Artists on "The Return of the Magnificient"

Guest Guest_Tom_*

Guest Guest_Tom_*

Hi all,

I was just reading the jeff's interview presented in the post "new jazzy jeff interview!, in german". In fact, Jeff mentions some artists he's working with recording "The Return of the Magnificient":

Question:

Mit wem hast du für die Platte zusammengearbeitet?

(asks for collaborations on "The Return...")

Answer:

Also fing ich an, meine Wunschkandidaten anzurufen, und sie sagten alle zu: KRS One, Q-Tip, Method Man, C.L. Smooth, Little Brother, Rhymefest, Dave Ghetto – das sind Leute, die ich wirklich fühle.

(I called favorite artists I'd like to work with recording "TheReturnOfTheMag.": KRS One, Q-Tip, Method Man, C.L. Smooth, Little Brother, Rhymefest, Dave Ghetto - those are artists I'm feeling [or I can related to]).

Great news! :2thumbs:

Tom

Guest Guest_Tom_*

... I just wanted to add that he will also record a track with WILL!

Q: Stand Will auch auf deiner Liste, von der du eben gesprochen hast? (Will on CD?)

A:

Oh ja, absolut! Ich habe ihn angerufen, und er war begeistert. Leider hat er natürlich sehr wenig Zeit, also versuchen wir momentan noch, einen Termin zu finden. Denn ich will ihn nicht für ein oder zwei Stunden im Studio – ich will ihn für ein oder zwei Wochen. Ich will die Stimmung zurückholen, in der wir damals „He’s The DJ, I’m The Rapper“ [ihr legendäres Doppelalbum von 1988, Anm. d. Verf.] aufgenommen haben. Das Album haben wir in zwei Wochen im Keller meiner Mutter geschrieben. Nun bin ich kürzlich umgezogen und habe jetzt ein großes Studio in meinem eigenen Keller. Ich wünsche mir, dass er für zwei Wochen zu mir kommt und mit mir versucht, eine ähnliche Atmosphäre wie damals zu kreieren. Nur Will und ich und niemand sonst. Ich will, dass wir so tun, als wäre noch mal 1986.

(... they plan to take about two weeks to catch the spirit of "He's the DJ, I'm The Rapper" [JJFP wrote this album in two weeks] ...)

:gettinjiggywitit:

Uh, this was posted already, you're a lil' late buddy, Jeff says he wants to do a JJFP album with Will, not just one song, but with Will doing all these movies that might be wishful thinking:

http://www.jazzyjefffreshprince.com/forum/...?showtopic=8448

Guest Guest_Tom_*

... well it's not exactly for sure that they will do JJFP album, but it might result from recording a song for "RM". moreover i saw that there already are some translations but i thought knowing some artists on The Return is worth a new separate entry ...

:wiggle:

Tom