JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jesus Walks

• Members
Ofcourse I don't really mean the song is in anyway connectd to those people. But I do see alot of americans clamping to christianity, and especially christian identity lately. It might not be as extreme as the people I quoted from (neither is it in Islamic fundementalism) but it is connected to it. Becouse the song is really just about Jesus not about the content of christianity. And just listen, the hook [i](wich is dope)[/i] goes
"Jesus walks whit [u]me[/u]" and is sung by alot of people together creating a sort of us against them feeling, also in the intro he talks about soldiers and being at war and such.

And don't get me wrong I don't have anything against christianity. I think Jesus was a great guy [i](if he excisted how it says in the bible)[/i] and I don't have anything against the song as a song I love the music and lyrics especially "someone tell the (NIGGAHHS) who Kanye west is."

[i]ps. read my signature god wants you to be a vegetarian!![/i]

• 1 month later...
[quote=Daedalus Mortality,Aug 6 2004, 09:38 PM]And just listen, the hook [i](wich is dope)[/i] goes
"Jesus walks whit [u]me[/u]" and is sung by alot of people together creating a sort of us against them feeling, also in the intro he talks about soldiers and being at war and such.[/quote]
So you mean they are saying that Jesus walks with them and not anybody else, so that he believes Jesus is on their side? I see where you are coming from.

So Daedalus... Thoughts on Bush's actions recently?

• Members
[quote]So you mean they are saying that Jesus walks with them and not anybody else, so that he believes Jesus is on their side? I see where you are coming from.[/quote]yes kind of

[quote]So Daedalus... Thoughts on Bush's actions recently?[/quote]
I'm not aware of any recent bush actions but I have no doubt their stupid:P

Daedalus, what a difference a year makes for our pal Tony Blair.

8th July 2003
"I don't concede it at all that the intelligence at the time was wrong. I have absolutely no doubt that we will find evidence of weapons of mass destruction programmes."

25th January 2004
"I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that the intelligence was genuine. It is absurd to say in respect of any intelligence that it is infallible, but if you ask me what I believe, I believe the intelligence was correct."

28th September 2004
"I want to deal with it head on. The evidence about Saddam having actual biological and chemical weapons, as opposed to the capability to develop them, has turned out to be wrong. I acknowledge that and accept it."

On a related topic to that of the UK...

Could the UK be reduced to three countries, with Scotland finally independent? I hope so.

"Free in 93" was the very ill-fated Scottish National Party (SNP) slogan, but free in 2007 is not just Alex Salmonds pipe dream, it is certainly a possibility especially if UKIP continues it's rise. The mere fact a Scottish General Election will take place in May 2007 will make the constitutional issue a huge one, marking of course the 300th Anniversary of the Act of Union. A referendum if held (let alone won) would spark a major constitutional crisis, under the Scotland Act the parliament would have acted beyond it's powers as set out in the Scotland Act. However it is not Westminster which is sovereign, Scotland does not recognize the absolute sovereignty of the Westminster parliament, since the Declaration of Arbroath the sovereignty lies with the people of Scotland. It would be ironic if the 1707 Act of Union was revoked in 2007, but perhaps also it is destiny, and that is a feeling which will grow as 2007 nears.