JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Lupe's Food & Liquor Leaks Again

bigted

"Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor" Sprouts A Leak...Again

Tuesday - September 12, 2006 by Dick Johnson

Lupe Fiasco's debut LP Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor has reportedly leaked onto the internet for the second time.

Earlier this year, the Chi-Town emcee's debut LP leaked nearly two months before its intended June 27th release date. The album was consequently postponed.

At the time, Lupe assured SOHH.com that listeners only got to hear roughly 40% of the album with collaborations with Jill Scott, Three Six Mafia and Jay-Z still in the works. "Daydreamin," a single featuring Jill Scott is slated to follow-up Fiasco's current single, the Pharrell Williams-assisted, "I Gotcha." Hov serves as the album's co-executive producer.

Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor is slated to hit stores September 19th on 1st & 15th/Atlantic Records.

Yeah it's natural for it to be leaked the week before the album being released, I wonder how it could be an issue, I had no idea it was even coming out yet, they probably just pushed it up since it leaked

Yeh, that can be a good thing these days. As soon as a CD is pressed people get copies and therefore they end up in the wrong hands and get on the web. Shame but sometimes it can work in an artists favour

I hate what the internet has done 2 the music industry.

I do within reason. But its also helped a lot of independant artists get well known. Myspace is great for bands and artists if used correctly