JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Top 10 Soundscan Album Sales - 11/29/06

TopDawg14

:soapbox:

I think there is this divide within the hip-hop community. It's at a crossroads right now and there is a kind of ciivl war going on. I think there are those of us who are sick of the commercialization and dumbing down of rap and there are those who think that "everything is fine and people are just hating."

I was listening to the radio last night and they were playing songs from Jeezy's new album and the DJs were talking about how it was hot and one caller called in and said it was garbage and they accused him of "hating". That caller wasn't hating - those songs were awful. It seems as if common sense has been thrown out the window now when it comes to rap.

It's like nobody's allowed to experiment and explore with music anymore. Everybody's gotta follow a formula and get this producer or that producer or start a beef with this rapper. There are fewer and fewer albums like BE, Food & Liquor and L&F. I'm not saying that rappers like Jeezy should be banished but those type of rappers shouldn't be dominating radio.

Gets off soapbox.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel you Top Dawg 100%, preach on brother, it's my turn to get on the soapbox:

:soapbox: :mad:

Yeah the rap game's in a civil war but I think the whole music industry is in shambles, really record sales have been down overall 'cause really there are people getting tired of watered down music, if these record execs don't step up overall in promoting quality music they'll be without a job, Sony's dumping some of their staff during this holiday season, I really did say a lot more that I had to delete just now, overall this topic about record sales is making me miserable, I really don't want to talk about this crap anymore, there's more important things in life to worry about than this for real, btw I think Game'll never be in Ice Cube's league like I said earlier if he don't start doing grown man rap, there's really not much timeless music out there, he got a good flow but he ain't really that deep like Pac and Ice Cube, Frenetic's right basically, I'm just gonna support my favorite artists on the retail and if I like somebody's song that I'm interesting in but I don't really like I'm just gonna buy a used version so I don't have to support artists I don't really feel that much, f the industry since most of these artists are so weak that I could write better raps that could end their careers and one love to the real aritsts that keep me motivated to continue rapping, it's a struggle but we're gonna make it through it, the industry will be falling soon the way I see it anyway, people are just gonna listen to the music they have after awhile and not buy anything new if the industry doesn't step it up

Edited by bigted