JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Ready Rock C article

Hero1

On 8/4/2024 at 9:11 AM, ORIGINAL DJ FINESSE said:

#1 Many of you dont even know these guys. #2 I was there when the careers of these guys launched. #3 I grew up with Ready and Will. Ready lived across the driveway from me literally 30ft away. We both Djed together in that driveway and house parties. Will lived around the corner from us. My mentor DJ CAPTAIN GROOVE (R.I.P.) who lived the next block down from me, was Wills second DJ. Marques Forrest was his first DJ.! Groove, Will,Marques and a guy named Jamie Fresh formed a group called DJ Groove and The Hipnotic 3 MCs. They were phenomenal and ran the tri-state area. Later Groove and Will worked on songs together. Behind Groove's back Will was taking the music to Jeff. Next thing ya know, here comes "Girls Aint Nothin But Trouble" which originally was written for 3 MCs (HYPNOTIC 3MCs). Groove made the beat and came up with the "I Dream Of Jeanie" hook. In other words WILL STOLE THE RECORD! Then here comes Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince performing in public. Then here comes the Lp "Rockin the House". DJ Groove was outraged! Will bought Groove a MPC 60 drum machine in the hopes of him producing more music for him while he was building his career with Jeff. How do I know? I WAS THERE! GROOVE WAS MY MENTOR! I was at Groove's house and Will was there. Will was in the basement practicing rhymes and Groove was upstairs when I got there. Next thing ya know BOOM! I heard a crash in the basement and the music cut off. Will came up to the floor I was on (living room) crying n I mean literally crying. He said wasup and left Groove's house. Groove came down and asked me what was that noise. I said I dont know but Will just left crying. We went in the basement and the MPC WAS SMASHED INTO A MILLION PIECES! Groove told me Will wanted him to do the music for their album and he told him NO! LETS BE CLEAR! This is before Ready Roc! Later that next summer I found out Ready joined the Duo, Jeff and Will, when I had a party to DJ, and his sister told me Ready was down with Will and Jeff. Later down the line I went to Ready's house and him and Will were writing "Parents Just Dont Understand" in Ready's kitchen. They let me hear what THEY wrote and it was exactly what was on the song verbatim. Ready toured with Will n Jeff then returned for a break. When it was time to go back on tour, Ready was lied to about what time the plane was leaving. Arriving to the airport, Ready was told his plane left hours ago. The rest is history! Ready felt it was more Jeff than Will because when it was Ready's spotlight the crowd would go BANANAS! as opposed to Jeff's time to shine. Yup thats the story I got from Clarence Holmes my childhood and still good friend. So now yall call fall back with the lies yall HEARD! THESE ARE THE FACTS! THE ORIGINAL DJ FINESSE #PHILLY

It's cool to hear this side of things.  So much of matches up with what Ready Rock C has shared in the past. 

• Members
On 8/4/2024 at 3:11 PM, ORIGINAL DJ FINESSE said:

#1 Many of you dont even know these guys. #2 I was there when the careers of these guys launched. #3 I grew up with Ready and Will. Ready lived across the driveway from me literally 30ft away. We both Djed together in that driveway and house parties. Will lived around the corner from us. My mentor DJ CAPTAIN GROOVE (R.I.P.) who lived the next block down from me, was Wills second DJ. Marques Forrest was his first DJ.! Groove, Will,Marques and a guy named Jamie Fresh formed a group called DJ Groove and The Hipnotic 3 MCs. They were phenomenal and ran the tri-state area. Later Groove and Will worked on songs together. Behind Groove's back Will was taking the music to Jeff. Next thing ya know, here comes "Girls Aint Nothin But Trouble" which originally was written for 3 MCs (HYPNOTIC 3MCs). Groove made the beat and came up with the "I Dream Of Jeanie" hook. In other words WILL STOLE THE RECORD! Then here comes Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince performing in public. Then here comes the Lp "Rockin the House". DJ Groove was outraged! Will bought Groove a MPC 60 drum machine in the hopes of him producing more music for him while he was building his career with Jeff. How do I know? I WAS THERE! GROOVE WAS MY MENTOR! I was at Groove's house and Will was there. Will was in the basement practicing rhymes and Groove was upstairs when I got there. Next thing ya know BOOM! I heard a crash in the basement and the music cut off. Will came up to the floor I was on (living room) crying n I mean literally crying. He said wasup and left Groove's house. Groove came down and asked me what was that noise. I said I dont know but Will just left crying. We went in the basement and the MPC WAS SMASHED INTO A MILLION PIECES! Groove told me Will wanted him to do the music for their album and he told him NO! LETS BE CLEAR! This is before Ready Roc! Later that next summer I found out Ready joined the Duo, Jeff and Will, when I had a party to DJ, and his sister told me Ready was down with Will and Jeff. Later down the line I went to Ready's house and him and Will were writing "Parents Just Dont Understand" in Ready's kitchen. They let me hear what THEY wrote and it was exactly what was on the song verbatim. Ready toured with Will n Jeff then returned for a break. When it was time to go back on tour, Ready was lied to about what time the plane was leaving. Arriving to the airport, Ready was told his plane left hours ago. The rest is history! Ready felt it was more Jeff than Will because when it was Ready's spotlight the crowd would go BANANAS! as opposed to Jeff's time to shine. Yup thats the story I got from Clarence Holmes my childhood and still good friend. So now yall call fall back with the lies yall HEARD! THESE ARE THE FACTS! THE ORIGINAL DJ FINESSE #PHILLY

Thank you for sharing.

Not surprising - you don't become a multi-millionaire world star without at least a degree of selfishness and greed, so there's always going to be that less-likeable aspect of any superstar you feel attached to.